If Acudeftech guy was stranded on an island....

D

Docks

Audioholic
If you could keep one pair of your current speakers, never to have another pair again. Which set? and why?

ratso

ratso

Full Audioholic
he would build 14 different rescue fires. all right next to each other.:D

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The best thing to do would keep the speakers that would be easiest to make a raft out of. It looks like that might be the B&Ws.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You guys are hilarious! :D

Yes, I suppose I would keep the B&W 802D2. :D

But that may change if you ask me the same question a year from now. :D

I know they don't measure as well as the 201/2, Orion, Salon2, Phil3, but they have some kind of Vudu magic that captivates me.......and they make a much better raft. :D

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
If he is on an island I am going to his house and taking MY pick.:eek::D

J

jcl

Senior Audioholic
If he is on an island I am going to his house and taking MY pick.:eek::D
I call dibs on the Orions! :D

To the original question, does he bring his subs or no? He can lash them together and make a canoe, then maybe use an Orion as a sail.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If you could have 7 pairs of speakers, which would you get and why? :D

If you had to choose between the Phil3, PSB Synchrony One, ATC SCM40, which would you get?

D

Docks

Audioholic
If you could have 7 pairs of speakers, which would you get and why? :D

If you had to choose between the Phil3, PSB Synchrony One, ATC SCM40, which would you get?
B&W 800D - Unbeatable cabinet and decent measurements
Revel Salon2 - Textbook measurements
Salk SoundScape 12 - Amazing Drivers, individual cabinets for drivers
Magico Q7 - Aluminum insides and freaking carbon fiber cones
Focal Grande Utopia - Have you seen this?
Dynaudio Evidence Master - See above
Vandersteen 7 - First order goodness, interesting drivers
Notable speakers- Kef, Paradigm, PSB, Wilson Audio (I kinda like how the wilsons look =/)

I'm torn between the Phil3 and Synch one - raal ribbon and planar mid vs extremely linear/low thd PSBs.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
If you could have 7 pairs of speakers, which would you get and why?
1. Revel Salon 2 (The thrill is still there.)

2. Sound Lab U-1PX (Pricey, huge, doesn't rock, weird load, but on classical and acoustic jazz the most engaging speaker I've heard. This is a must-hear-before-you-die speaker.)

3. YG Anat III (If Darth Vader were a speaker...)

4. Porsche Cayman R (Perhaps the best sports car ever made for under $100K.)

5. Ferrari F430 with a manual transmission (The last one you can shift for yourself. Better than the Audi R8 V10.)

6. Aston Martin V8 Vantage Coupe, 6-speed manual transmission (Pure romance. Awesome looks and interior. Sounds so good an audio system is a waste.)

7. Porsche Cayenne Turbo (For hauling my wife's drum kit.)

I couldn't think of more than three speakers I wanted, so I switched to cars. Sorry.

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
1. Klipschorn- cuz I have always wanted some of my own from the moment I heard them.
2. Klipsch Palladium p-39- just to compare to Klipschorns
3. B&W Nautilus- Just to see if they sound as good as they look.
4. JBL Everest 66000- because it looks like that thing could really go kaboom.
5. Rockport Arrakis- slick and mean looking speakers, and they probably don't sound bad.
6. upper end Magnapans, or maybe some of those big *** Sound Lab speakers- I always wanted to spend some time with some Planar speakers
7. Some crazy ***, heavy duty, home audio line array speakers, like GR Research, Selah, or VMPS, I have always wanted to hear what those speakers are like.

ratso

ratso

Full Audioholic
i have never heard any speakers that completely blew me away except for the focal utopia's. i have heard many "good" speakers but only one "great" one. i haven't heard kef's or the salons. haven't heard b+w. or mbl's. a few other big brands. but i have heard enough speakers that cost more than my house to know that a big price tag doesn't equal mind blowing sound. sorry, irv, but the yg's didn't impress me much either.

AverageJoe

AverageJoe

Full Audioholic
7 pairs of SoundScape 12's

7.1 surround sound with matching speakers in two rooms.

I should have locked Jim and Mary out of the house in 2009 and kept a pair when I had the chance :D

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
You guys are hilarious! :D

Yes, I suppose I would keep the B&W 802D2. :D

But that may change if you ask me the same question a year from now. :D

I know they don't measure as well as the 201/2, Orion, Salon2, Phil3, but they have some kind of Vudu magic that captivates me.......and they make a much better raft. :D
Hey you missed the point of this story. YOU that means you are on a deserted island, no people just you... Which speaker would you keep.

I say cut them all up, lace them together and get off the freaking island.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Hey you missed the point of this story. YOU that means you are on a deserted island, no people just you... Which speaker would you keep.
No, the point of the story is that Docks has upgraditis and he wants new speakers. :D

Don't we all? :eek: :D

Nobody mentions TAD, Tannoy, ATC, DALI. :D

Maybe we should say, "Name the speakers you wish you could own for under $30K".

Last edited:
monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
Sorted by how badly I want them:

1. TAD REFERENCE ONE

2. KEF Blade

3. Salon 2

4. Seos 12 Build

5. Genelec 8260A

6. Soundscape 12

If I could only take one pair on a desert island, I'd take the Salon 2. It was my first (loudspeaker) love.

N

NewHTbuyer

Audioholic
If I was on an island I would pick the Bose Acoustimass system. You could use the small speakers to crack coconuts open or as projectiles to hunt small animals. The subwoofer, er, Module, could be firewood or a cooking pot. Or a chamber pot.....

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
1. Kirsten Dunst

2. Scarlet Johanson

3. Elisha Cuthbert

4. Chelan Simmons

5. Amanda Seyfried

6. Julianna Guill

Wait a minute...this isn't the right list. :eek:

Latest posts

newsletter