I will REMOVE the ****ing toilet seat if you don't shut up

N

newaudiofile

Audioholic
I have never once in my entire life been asked nicely to leave the toilet seat in some specific position.

It seems as if it is some sort of rule that women cannot simply request this of someone, they have to break into a song-like rant, spitting obscenities and shaking their finger at you. I by no means wish to clump ALL women into this group. I am not leaving out the possibility that only women I associate with have this problem. So basically, when I refer to "women" in this little rant, take it with a grain of salt. You know who you are... those women...

Recently, while watching "Bill Cosby Himself" with my girlfriend, I noted that during a joke he was doing, he said something about leaving the toilet lid down as being a bad thing. My girlfriend explained, while glaring at me, that leaving the lid and the seat down is just as bad if not worse than leaving both of them up. This is apparently due to the fact that when one has to pee, they plop down on the lid, cannot tell that it is down and begin to pee on the lid.

I have been told the exact same reason for all of this from every girl who has screamed at me for it and it has got to be one of the stupidest admissions that I have ever heard in my entire life.

"We don't always look before we sit down, and sometimes at night we don't even turn on the light."

This is a deficiency. This admission, made almost with pride, says two things to me:

1. I make unwarranted assumptions.
2. I am militantly unaware of my environment.

So as a male, apparently I am expected to make up for this deficiency by making sure that the lid is always left in the correct position. In the interest of not falling into the toilet and/or urinating on myself, I always make sure to look before I sit down. I find the concept of "not looking" interesting. How exactly does one not see the condition of the toilet before sitting on it? The only solutions I have been able to come up with on my own (since females seem uninterested or unable to tell me) are these:

1. Women enter the bathroom with their eyes closed or while staring at the ceiling.
2. Women open the bathroom door and then proceed to back into the bathroom using their rear-end to locate the toilet.
3. Women only do bathroom business after daylight hours and are incapable of and/or unwilling to operate a light switch.
4. All women are very cleverly hiding the fact that they are born blind.
Toilets/toilet seats are diabolically engineered to be completely invisible to women.

One time, when I was about seven, my skinny little *** fell into the toilet because I had left the toilet seat and lid up. Having no girth to speak of I fell right in and dipped my bare hiney in the cold (yet thankfully clean) toilet water. This was not only embarrassing but uncomfortable as well. Since that day, I have never fallen into or even come close to falling into the toilet. Might I also remind everyone that men sit down, too. Personally in the comfort of my own home (where the toilet seat is relatively clean), I rather prefer sitting down due to the fact that it is plainly less taxing and requires no aiming or standing (not that aiming and standing are all that big a task, I am just lazy).

This rant isn't due to the fact that I am unwilling to help women with this admitted deficiency. Rather, I find it infuriating that because women are seemingly unable to check to make sure that the toilet seat is down, they take this anger out on me. It becomes my deficiency, I am less of a person because I cannot remember to put the seat down/lid up. I can understand the embarrassment of urinating on ones self and or falling into a toilet, but getting angry with someone else because you did something foolish is rather immature. In some Asiatic/Middle-eastern countries, they have unisex restrooms where they squat over holes in the ground and "wipe" by splashing water on themselves. I propose a compromise: you may keep complaining and we men shall suffer it for about 10 minutes before taking a hack saw and simply removing the source of debate. Problem solved, you must now "hover".

Source: http://everything2.com/title/I+will+remove+the+****ing+toilet+seat+if+you+don%27t+shut+up

N

newaudiofile

Audioholic

Get her one of these – problem solved ;):)
Craig I dont have this problem in my house but I have heard about it so many times its funny. I was reading this and I thought it will be nice to paste it just for the fun of it.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I just tell my girl that I don't request her to put the lid up when she is done, so why should I have to put it down when I'm done. It's not that big of a deal to either raise or lower seat as needed, and since I too have to put the seat down for myself, I really can't see the big deal, it takes such little effort. The problem is that they are just too lazy to make sure it's in the correct position before assuming the position, but that is their problem, not mine.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Hehehe He said hiney, Hehehe :)

You sit down to urinate, I find that somewhat different, :confused:

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Around here the house work is shared equally. Therefore, since I have to clean the toilet, I choose to sit down for #1 and #2...:D. Have any of you guy's cleaned a toilet;). I say sit down and leave it down...:p:).

Regards, Bill

Last edited:
C

cfrizz

Senior Audioholic
:eek::D ROTFLMAO!!!! Oh My God, this is one of the funniest posts that I have ever read.

As a woman, yes I get a little annoyed with a left up toilet seat, but I don't pitch a fit about it I just put it down & go about my business.

Since I live alone I don't ever have to worry about it in my own house. I knew what to expect when I spent last week at my brothers house. He didn't disappoint!:D

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i wonder why i don't have this problem ... :D

oh that's right. i installed a urinal (without even giving thought about the seat thing, but am just thankful i did)

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Around here the house work is shared equally. Therefore, since I have to clean the toilet, I choose to sit down for #1 and #2...:D. Have any of you guy's cleaned a toilet;). I say sit down and leave it down...:p:).

Regards, Bill
First off, men are only allowed to do that in Canada, France, and Greece!

Now, you guys know that I'm as old as dirt. I've been married a couple of times and had too many g/f's. So the following wisdom (?) comes with some experience.

Definitions first:

Toilet = the crapper. It's not called the pee-er for a reason. Genetic mandate calls for guys to mark their territory by peeing OUTSIDE. Canadians, French, and Greeks may be excluded from the genetic madate. The toilet (aka crapper) should be used for crapping only. Who cares where women pee? That's why they make Depends.

A$$ Gasket = the seat. This is the item that protects you from falling in the crapper when you are crapping...such as did our young Paduan, newaudiofile. It also is usually made of wood or plastic and is a bit warmer than the current widely used ceramic crapper material. Be glad for modern conveniences. (Remember, I'm from a not-modern time. :()

Lid = the lid. This is not a measure of weed (or 'pot' for that matter, even thought it could be...different kinda pot). It is only there to cover the mess made and stench from the act of crapping. (To Bill P...it's also there so you DON'T have to clean the toilet. You just cover it up with the lid. You need to brush up on the efficiencies presented in Good Housekeeping. ;))

Now...because I'm old, I can tell you guys with certainty about a little known, only rarely talked about (and then only in hushed tones) circumstance of male aging. You're definitely gonna NOT want to sit on the A$$ Gasket and/or you're gonna want a taller/thicker Gasket. Those mcnuggets of yours are guaranteed to fall to the ever-present pull of gravity. Having them eventually dipping in crapper water is akin to reading an essay written by Dosto(y)evsky or Joe Schmoe. It's uncomfortable and bad for your health...not to mention disgusting.

There you have it. Feel free to use this wisdom (?) to your own advantage.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
i wonder why i don't have this problem ... :D

oh that's right. i installed a urinal (without even giving thought about the seat thing, but am just thankful i did)
That meets my requirement for standing...otherwise, sit down because #2 may come knocking...:p

B

bombarde32

Audioholic
This thread is too funny.

I think women are hardwired to piss and moan about anything that inconveniences them in general. I forget what it was about ... but my wife started ranting the other day and was not too happy when I pointed out she did the same thing to people all the time.

Of course, it was only a problem when someone did it to her ... :rolleyes:

I also find it hillarious that women can do things like (try to) monopolize the TV to watch crappy Lifetime and Hallmark movies while later complaining you don't spend enough time with them :confused:

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I also find it hillarious that women can do things like (try to) monopolize the TV to watch crappy Lifetime and Hallmark movies while later complaining you don't spend enough time with them :confused:
Along those lines I've often wondered about the WE channel ('women's entertainment' I think). Why is that all of the movies or investigative journalism type shows on that channel (which is pretty much all that is on that channel) are all about rape and murder and abuse of women?

Is that really entertaining for women?

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Just like -Sundays = Sports Day- for men, women expect us to accept the whole toilet lid thing. Just accept it and move on.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Sounds like this guy is either

1. single
2. impotent
3. divorced
4. In a kinky relationship(TMI I know)

My wife cooks, cleans, buys groceries, works for pay, and easy to get along with. For that alone I don't have any problem putting the seat in the position she likes. I'm living the life and most guys are. Being with a good woman is way better than being single. Of course being with a bad woman is worse than being homeless.

The key is to find the good woman.

On a side note I watched an episode of home improvement where they made the toilet do this automatically. I think this should be done on every american toilet. Save us the trouble. :)

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I also installed a urinal. It's just so much simpler and cleaner.

Because of our cats, our toilet lids are always kept in the down position. No matter how many bowls of fresh water we leave for the cats in various locations around the house, if the toilet seat is up, one or another of the little ***tards will crawl in the bowl to drink the water.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
No matter how many bowls of fresh water we leave for the cats in various locations around the house, if the toilet seat is up, one or another of the little ***tards will crawl in the bowl to drink the water.
Because the water is much colder. Dogs of course do the same thing.

jinjuku

jinjuku

:eek::D ROTFLMAO!!!! Oh My God, this is one of the funniest posts that I have ever read.

As a woman, yes I get a little annoyed with a left up toilet seat, but I don't pitch a fit about it I just put it down & go about my business.

Since I live alone I don't ever have to worry about it in my own house. I knew what to expect when I spent last week at my brothers house. He didn't disappoint!:D
I like sneaking into womens restrooms and putting all the seats up. I am sure it blows some minds:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis