I voted this morning

cel4145

cel4145

Audioholic
I don't walk off bridges because someone told me to. That finite ability to independently think for oneself is a sign of maturity.

I hate to say it as a Democrat but I think a bit more class was shown during Obama's wins (I voted for him both times).
I think showing "class" went out the window when Obama opponents engaged in bigoted social media conspiracy campaigns, such as painting Obama as a closet Muslim with a secret agenda and shouting baseless claims that he was never born in America.

Speaking of which, hopefully the leader of the birther movement in 2011 will figure out that he is partially responsible for the current protests and not keep blaming it on the media or on others. Based on his second tweet on the protests, I like to hope that his meeting with Obama influenced him to turn away from his very divisive campaign rhetoric. Hopefully he has recognized that while his political agenda can't make everyone happy, as President, he does work for every American and needs to act like it instead of treating the media and half the country like an enemy.

It has never really seemed to me that Trump's bid for the Presidency was about obtaining power (although it is possible), but rather a narcissistic pursuit of prestige and fame, and a (hopefully not overly inflated) confidence that he could run the government better than politicians. Now that he's faced with the weight of creating and replacing the upper management team and their immediate staff in just two months, for an organization that dwarfs Microsoft, GE, Google, and Bank of America combined, I think he might be finally feeling the weight of what he has taken on and shift from who we know as Trump as reality TV show host, Trump as lavishly living the billionaire lifestyle, and Trump as political campaigner to a person with different values and focus. If he gets serious and treats his responsibility to all Americans like he treats his responsibility to his children, things could be OK. I also think if he focuses his business man/corporate CEO attention on the problems we have, I expect "the wall" to go away since there are obviously so many other things, such as infrastructure, which could be more beneficial to the economy.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
First off, I hope we can all agree the off topic discussion of Bush getting us into war was nothing more than a distraction used in this thread. I did indeed get led down a rabbit hole.
What's your takeaway from Snopes?
I don't see the quotes substantially debunked.
Frankly, I'd rather stay on topic. :)
The quotes are not substantially debunked, the intent of the quotes as presented in the mass emailings is debunked.
These politicians were arguing against going to war, but by using their words out of context, the email made it look as if they directly supported the war.
That is my takeaway from Snopes.
I agree - this is a diversion.

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
So is he gonna lock up Hilary or what? Is that why she's hiding? I'd be hiding too.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
So is he gonna lock up Hilary or what? Is that why she's hiding? I'd be hiding too.
I thought she was slated to be the white house food taster. Maybe I'm wrong but I read it on the Internet, so it must be true

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I'm sure you've seen this (1 minute video), but just in case...
He is sounding like a true statesman, whodathunkit?

So no, I assume there is no plan to lock her up, but rather "we all owe her a debt of gratitude" for her service to this country. I'm sure there were a few of his constituents who were not happy with that statement.
One thing about Trump is he is indeed nimble - can and does "turn on a dime".
There is no great reason to believe he will stick to any of his statements, or maybe I should say it is safe to say he will pick and choose.
Is this good or bad? ... I think he is going to keep us in suspense.
I suspect the Democrats and the Republicans on the hill are going to be more prone to schizophrenia over the next 4 years!

Right now, I am hoping that Trump will do good by shaking up the established political system which is in a very deep rut.
Hopefully he will not deliver on his more egregious statements.

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Our most serious adversary was the Russian Federation, and they just neutralized us without firing a shot. Our closest allies were the members of NATO, and we just told them to screw themselves. With Trump at the helm, we are no longer a player on the world stage, and we are no longer a defender of human rights. Right now it's up to Europe to defend the right of self-determination of countries around the world from aggressors like Russia and China. That doesn't bring me much hope, but the United States has just declared that we don't give a damn about anyone but ourselves (and even then only a select few of ourselves).

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Our most serious adversary was the Russian Federation, and they just neutralized us without firing a shot. Our closest allies were the members of NATO, and we just told them to screw themselves. With Trump at the helm, we are no longer a player on the world stage, and we are no longer a defender of human rights. Right now it's up to Europe to defend the right of self-determination of countries around the world from aggressors like Russia and China. That doesn't bring me much hope, but the United States has just declared that we don't give a damn about anyone but ourselves (and even then only a select few of ourselves).
Let them inaugurate him before you deem him a failure.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I'm no fan of POTUS, however I hoped after his first election that he would that he would prove a good leader. IMHO it didn't come to fruition, that being said I never pander in BS in his Regards. Hopefully this thread won't go off the rails

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Myself, I don't think Obama has any deep seated religious belief. However, it bears noting that the concept of Obama being Muslim or pro Muslim does not rest solely with elements in the US. Without very much effort, you can find videos, some in English, some translated, of Imams and other notable Muslims exposing just that belief and presenting their case.

Coptic Christians in the US were strongly pro Trump and if you compare the percentage of Christian Arabs that have been admitted into the US to the percentage of the displaced population, you'll find it's not even remotely representative.

Goat1

Goat1

Audioholic
That is laughable! So explained to us how Obama helped any of this? Obama also neutered our military. Also Trump is right, what has NATO done for us? We are seen as completely weak with Obama as Pres. That is about to change! Plus trump will fix it relationship with our allies not alienate them like Obama did.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Cleaned things up a bit. Keep it clean, or people will be sent to their room.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Myself, I don't think Obama has any deep seated religious belief. However, it bears noting that the concept of Obama being Muslim or pro Muslim does not rest solely with elements in the US. Without very much effort, you can find videos, some in English, some translated, of Imams and other notable Muslims exposing just that belief and presenting their case.

Coptic Christians in the US were strongly pro Trump and if you compare the percentage of Christian Arabs that have been admitted into the US to the percentage of the displaced population, you'll find it's not even remotely representative.
If your point is 'it must be true if it's on the internet', I might dispute that, but I think you know better. Otherwise your post makes no sense and has no merit.

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
That is laughable! So explained to us how Obama helped any of this? Obama also neutered our military. Also Trump is right, what has NATO done for us? We are seen as completely weak with Obama as Pres. That is about to change! Plus trump will fix it relationship with our allies not alienate them like Obama did.

You might try reading a history book sometime. NATO was a stabilizing force and a bulwark against Russian aggression. They still are. I could understand explaining this to a teenager who doesn't understand world history, but trying to explain this to a full grown American adult is insanity. Statements like 'Obama neutered our military' and 'what has NATO done for us?' are insanity. There is no way to reason with someone so mired in a right-wing echo chamber where they think those statements are somehow tethered to reality.

Goat1

Goat1

Audioholic
Obama did neuter out military! Are you kidding? What is NATO doing about ISIS? Isn't an attack on France attack on all of us? What about when Obama drew a line on Assad about using chemical weapons. He used them and did nothing. Iran has violated their agreement several time and nothing has been done about it. How many times has Obama meet with the Israeli prime minister? One of our closest allies? Cmon Man.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Obama did neuter out military!
Trump has proposed to abandon NATO and reverse the longstanding (since 1948) US military/foreign policy by ending the defense of Europe from Russian expansionism.
Isn't an attack on France attack on all of us?
Is the same France that was criticized by right wing conservatives for opposing Bush/Cheney's invasion of Iraq?
What about when Obama drew a line on Assad about using chemical weapons. He used them and did nothing.
I can't argue with that. But it ignores the Republican dominated Congress that refused to endorse anything Obama proposed for 8 years. I see no reason why they wouldn't filibuster that as well.
Iran has violated their agreement several time and nothing has been done about it.
What violations? Do you really want a nuclear armed Iran?
How many times has Obama meet with the Israeli prime minister? One of our closest allies? Cmon Man.
Is that the same Israeli prime minister who openly insulted the US President, at the behest of the Republican dominated US Congress? I wouldn't call that a close or dependable ally. Why is Israel doing nothing about Syria and Assad?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
ISIS is under attack and losing ground; see the Mosul Offensive. You may have missed that news.

Regarding Syria's chemical weapons, since Syria is blatantly defying a UN resolution that prohibits their use of chemical weapons, they are doing so with Russia's blessing. With their current presence there, an open attack against Syria would be an open attack on Russia. That isn't something that should be undertaken lightly, but I agree, it does merit a response, and that response should be directed against Russia, the true provocateur. Happily for Syria, the United States have just become Russia's bitch, so now they won't have us nagging them for any kind of atrocities, at least as of Jan 21.

For Iran, it looks like they are skating by the rules of the security council resolution, but not breaking them. Of course, in a right-wing echo chamber, this means Obama himself is in the underground labs in Iran personally helping them to refine uranium.

As for Isreal, Netenyahu is two-faced. The USA would do better to keep some distance from Isreal as long as they have their apartheid policies towards palastinians, but, good news for all opponents of human rights, Netenyahu is very happy about Trump's imminent presidency. Now he too can commit all the atrocities he wants without fear of American nagging.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis