Icecube

Icecube

Enthusiast
Hello... I have B&W CM9 but I can't choose a good ARV ... What do think of anthem or denon 4520ci

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
That's easy. Listen to both, compare and choose the one that sounds better in your opinion.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
That's right. Listen to all the ones you are willing to buy and choose the one that sounds best.

Denon/Marantz guys will say D/M sounds best.
Anthem guys will say Anthem.
Yamaha guys will say Yamaha.
Pioneer guys will say Pioneer.
McIntosh guys will say McIntosh.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Which Anthem are you comparing the Denon to?

I completely agree the following two replies, but curious as new Anthem have received very positive reviews and everyone has nothing but good things to say about the Denons

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
It may not be easy for someone to listen to both side by side and do a fair comparison. If the choices are restricted to those two I would opt for the 4520 as they have more useful features, more channels, and supposedly 4 ohm stable. The CM9 may not be considered hard to drive but they do dip down to 3 ohms.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Since he is comparing it with the 4520 I have to assume it is the MRX710.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It may not be easy for someone to listen to both side by side and do a fair comparison. If the choices are restricted to those two I would opt for the 4520 as they have more useful features, more channels, and supposedly 4 ohm stable. The CM9 may not be considered hard to drive but they do dip down to 3 ohms.
Well, you know I wholehearted agree with you. :D

I've heard both Anthem and Denon/Marantz. Of course, so have others.

Icecube

Icecube

Enthusiast
I have one question... Which is. Is it worth to buy Ati 6002 amp for my B&W CM9.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
If you went with Denon 4520, I would say likely to be not. Best to invest in new speakers/sub

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
I have one question... Which is. Is it worth to buy Ati 6002 amp for my B&W CM9.

Audioholics should really do an annual survey of AVRs so the consumers know which ones deliver the goods and which exhibit power limiting. From the article published here a few years ago, only a select handful deliver the goods. Without that sort of information, it's hard to know if an external amp would be of benefit to you or not. I suspect the Denon would suffice unless your room is exceptionally large. But then again, I'm of the school of thought that when it comes to ss power, too much is just enough, as you don't want it to clip, ever. The ATI would be much more load invariant and it will hit it's claimed numbers.

Icecube

Icecube

Enthusiast
My English is horrible, so please can you rephrase the last sentence.

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
The ATI will deliver it's rated power into 8, 4, and even 2 ohms. It would be a fine amp for your B&W speakers, and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't push it into clipping. I'm not sure what the Denon would deliver under similar circumstances.

That's not an endorsement to spend your money. If you're listening habits never demand more than the Denon can deliver, there is no need to get the ATI. You need to assess your situation further before proceeding with an amp purchase.

Here is a little assessment tool for you to use. Shave 3db off your speaker sensitivity rating for the calculator. This calculator can provide a fairly close estimation of your power use.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis