I Need Some Direction

T

tec_41

Audioholic Intern
Well I decided to go ahead and buy a Yamaha htr-5830. It had great reviews online and I only paid $100 for it used on ebay. Now for speakers, I need some suggestions. Would something like this be too cheap? I plan on adding a powered sub after I get all the speakers- http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2367742&cp=&origkw=speakers&kw=speakers&parentPage=search

Also, I would probably want some floorstanding speakers for the front, so those Yamahas would just be for the rear.

Should I be looking for something a little more expensive? I'm looking to out-do my Logitec Z-680 computer speakers, which is mainly what this system will be for. But I will also use it for movies and good ol' FM radio.

I would not like to spend more than $175 for a pair of speakers shipped, so this is another good ol' budget system! Any suggestions are appreciated...thanks!

-Gus H

Last edited:
V

Vynilforlife

Audioholic Intern
A pair of BIC DV62si's match up real well with that yamaha. I use the same receiver and speaker combo in my bedroom and it sounds pretty good.

T

tec_41

Audioholic Intern
Sweet, those are just in my price range...thanks Vynil. If it helps, I'm hoping for quite a bit of bass out of this system. My Z-680's had an 8" 188w rms sub and it was quite loud...

So for a powered sub I am willing to spend $250 max. Now I am pretty handy and could build cabinet for it and buy the sub/amp seprate to save some money unless there is a better option. Any suggestions are appreciated...thanks!

V

Vynilforlife

Audioholic Intern
Parts Express has a 15" sub kit for 269. Part Number 300-770. This is a pretty good unit and should do well for both music and movies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis