I need help with sub settings

H

hopper12

Enthusiast
I have svs20-39pc+ when I installed sub I did the sub crawl and found the best sounding spot I thought?? the sub has really low bass that sounds great,but it seems to be lacking middle bass.it seems to be really low bass or nothing..it is there but much lower than the low bass of an explosion or on music...I have played with phase control and can't find a fix..could this be a placement issue or something else I'm not thinking of..sub is set to 80 hz lfe. If I turn the sub up to get a good middle sound when a low freq hits it overpowers everything else...I also set my paradigm monitor 7 v6 towers and cc190 v6 to large at 80 hz. Any ideas... Thanks

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
It sounds like you might have both the crossover on the sub AND the crossover on the receiver set to 80hz. You don't want that - you only want 1 crossover at work, not two. This would DEFINITELY cause problems in the mid-bass.

The usual starting point for subwoofer settings should be: Set speakers (regardless of their physical size) to *small*, set rec'r crossover at 80Hz, set subwoofer crossover to "bypass", or the highest possible setting if "bypass" is not an option.

H

hopper12

Enthusiast
Thanks ,I think I will start from scratch and rework system.......

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis