I Need help with playing music through my reciver

P

paulina008

Audiophyte
This will sound really noobish. I just realized that my parents have 12 inch subwoofers plugged into my Denon AVR 2802 receiver. How do I play music from my ipod or android through the receiver and subwoofers? I tried the Denon website and all of their ipod docks are for the newest models, but my model is from 2004.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Welcome to the forum.

There are many universal docks that will just plug into a free analog input on the receiver. Another even cheaper alternative is to get a Y-cable that will go from the 3.5mm headphone jack to a pair of analog plugs. Just plug the cable into the front inputs on the receiver and you are ready to go.

Dock example

or

Cable

P

paulina008

Audiophyte
What is an analog plug? I only see one open hole on the front of my reciever

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Sorry I thought that model had a front set of inputs.:eek:

Here is an image of the back of the receiver:

The analog inputs are the red/white inputs. One is for left and the other is for the right. You would choose a free one of these (like VCR 1) and then choose that source as the input on the front of the receiver to playback the iPod.

P

paulina008

Audiophyte
Would an aux cable work? Or would any cables that came with beats headphones work?

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Would an aux cable work? Or would any cables that came with beats headphones work?
Not sure what you mean by aux cable. Any cable with a 3.5mm headphone jack on one end and two (red/white) RCA analog plugs on the other end will work. I don't have or use beats headphones but I would not think they would come with this type of cable. Your local radioshak or best buy will have it in stock.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Any cable with a 3.5mm headphone jack on one end and two (red/white) RCA analog plugs on the other end will work....Your local radioshak or best buy will have it in stock.
+1. Something like this...

M

mloew1

Audioholic Intern
I just bought a Gigaware dock from radio shack. It was $39. It is a nice unit, for my IPHONE, it charges and plays any Iphone or Ipod. It will also display your pics to your TV. It also has a remote and will access your Iphone menu. In my case we just upgraded our Iphones and our old ones still work fine so I use them for music only. I also like the fact that my Harmony one remote was compatible with the gigaware remote, so now my wife can just hit 1 button on the Harmony 1 and play her music. It will also switch tracks from the remote.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis