I need help with dsp for new subs

S

Shrader

Audioholic
I have completed the build for my SI 18D4 subs (sealed) and I have no Idea how to set up the amp dsp, I have the drivers wired to 2ohms, the room is 25'x28', with a 7.5' ceiling, i do have the rolls converter. my receiver is a denon 1912, it only has 1 lfe output, so i used a splitter. I hooked up the subs, and downloaded the interface for the laptop, and was playing with it this morning, but it is like reading a foreign language to me, no idea how to adjust any of it for the room I have. Is there a general set up? or do I need someone to take room measurements? how do I set my receiver for the new subs? do run audessy first, then adjust the amp? or the other way around? I guess what I need is for someone to "hold my hand" and guid me through the process. remember I have no idea what I am doing with all the gain,hz,crossover,high pass,lowpass syuff that is on the amp. Can anyone help?

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

Pretty hard for us to look up a manual in order to help you out if we don’t know what the DSP it is.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Last edited:
S

Shrader

Audioholic
I'm really sorry, just read my post, and realized I didn't tell you what the amp was. It is a behringer nu3000dsp. I thought the dsp was their term for room eq? If not than that is what I am needing.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

Sorry, meant to say we didn’t know what the DSP was, meaning the unit itself. Most of us know what DSP means.

That said, the amp appears to have internal settings for equalization, compression, delay and crossover. However, you really don’t have to use any of it. The crossover setting and delay is coming from your receiver anyway. The compression would only be useful to prevent the amp from clipping, so you don’t need to worry about that unless you’re driving the amp to max. Equalization is really of little use unless you generate some frequency response measurement of your room.

Probably can’t help much more than that. The only manual I can find on line is pretty useless for a newbie, or anyone trying to help one "long distance."

Just set things up as you would any off-the-shelf powered subwoofer. The amp’s gain knobs are the same thing as the gain knob on a powered sub. Start with the amp gains maybe half-way up, and run Audyssey. If the receiver’s subwoofer output level ends up set really low, or really high, then adjust the amp’s gains accordingly and re-run Audyssey.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Last edited:
S

Shrader

Audioholic
Thank you very much Wayne. I will try that first, and when i learn a lot more about it, I will have to purchase some measuring equipment to get it dialed in.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis