I moved ! What can I do with this room?

bizmord

bizmord

Full Audioholic
Hi guys,

So, moved to a new place and our unique living room allows for a decent home theater experience I guess. The entire front wall is about 9 feet wide. I am sitting about 16 feet from the TV. That TV you see on pic is not the main TV,. So, that 42inch is just temporary.

I want to place a nice screen but as you see my speakers take up with width of the room. So either getting a screen that can go in front of the speakers (expensive I hear) or go for a smaller screen ... 96inch? instead of 108+IMG_5077.jpg

thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
How far are you away from your TV? Nice color on the walls BTW.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I would not compromise sound quality by getting an over-sized screen - 96 inches is not the end of the world

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
If you mounted your big screen such that its bottom was about the level of the top of your TV in the picture, it would seem to leave plenty of room for speakers. Is that an option?

bizmord

bizmord

Full Audioholic
I have amazing speakers, they are in the closet right now :) i am not sure screen will look good if it ends where my TV top is. Plus i am going to have a bigger TV hanging there.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Hanging on wall is a great option. I'd be scared to put mine on a wall, but that's me. I know it's secure, but still I'd be paranoid. Mine is 10 feet away and it suits me well on a stand. Let us know how it goes.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If you mounted your big screen such that its bottom was about the level of the top of your TV in the picture, it would seem to leave plenty of room for speakers. Is that an option?
Yeah, I don't see why the 108" screen can't be placed above the speakers unless the ceiling isn't high enough?

bizmord

bizmord

Full Audioholic
My friend actually convinced me to drop the idea of a projector and just hang a 75" TV on the wall. I measure and it should look pretty cool. No need to think about lighting in the room, all the shows I watch will be big. Overall should look great

bizmord

bizmord

Full Audioholic
It's just that a screen with a $1000-$1500 projector will never have the same clarity and picture as a Plasma or LED TV. Also ... I watch TV shows, serieses, news, etc 70% of the time and movies about 30%. My current 50 inch TV is 8 years old and looks aweful on that wall, so I still need to invest in a newer TV. Hence, 75" cool looking TV sounds like a better option.

If I went with a screen, the biggest I can do there is about 92" because of narrow with and speakers on the sides.

IMG_5103.jpg

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
The 75 inch TV can work fine and is a good option - make sure you get some decent sound.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis