I look for 2 speakers for Sony flat TV that turn on automatically with TV

F

FoxAdriano

Junior Audioholic
Hi, I have just bouhr a flat Sony TV 55" and I need to hang it on the wall. Therefore I need 2 speakers that turn on automaticallyand play when I turn on the TV. Thanks for some info.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
What is your budget? How much space you have for speakers? Do you need to mount them on wall as well or do you plan to use stands/table top? How big is your room and how loud you want it to play?

F

FoxAdriano

Junior Audioholic
Thanks for your reply. I already have a bigger Sony TV and an
important audio dolby surround in another room. Now I have just bought a smaller Sony, it is:
Sony KD-55XD8505
http://www.sony.it/electronics/televisori/xd8505-series/specifications
The TV has 10+10 watt output (maybe).
It is in a lounge / living room connected to the kitchen. I will need 2 cheap but good (very small) speakers.
Max $150 budget.
I think even if the speakers are not preamplified they are OK. But I have not experience about audio matter.
The most importan thing is: they have to work when I turn on the TV. Can you suggest a precise model or/and brand? Thanks

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You need active speakers (i.e. with built-in amps) with that set it appears, and need to connect them using a 3.5mm mini stereo jack. The tv may have 10w to its own speakers, but not for amplification of external (passive) speakers; I take it you do not have a separate amp for the speakers? I do not know what your options in Italy are for such speakers at your budget or whether they will be able to be powered on simply via the tv turning on either.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis