I just got banned from Polk Forums...

Status
Not open for further replies.
jinjuku

jinjuku

Hahahaha... Too funny. No reason given:rolleyes:

Maybe they will have another karma off of pirated music CD's there in my honor. It was fun being a thorn in their sides while it lasted. Never met a bigger group of physcoacoustical neanderthals in my life.

Lord help the people going there for any real advice.

Last edited:
just-some-guy

just-some-guy

Audioholic Field Marshall
Never met a bigger group of physcoacoustical neanderthals in my life.

lol

and i am sure there are a lot of them.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
I would consider it a badge of honor. It would be like me getting banned from DU. Not that I would ever even visit that commie site.:)

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hahahaha... Too funny. No reason given:rolleyes:

Maybe they will have another karma off of pirated music CD's there in my honor. It was fun being a thorn in their sides while it lasted. Never met a bigger group of physcoacoustical neanderthals in my life.

I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion.
I have heard good Polks. They haven't made good Polks in a LOOOONG time though...

I am sure it wouldn't take long for me to get banned there too, so I didn't bother :)

Last edited:
nooshinjohn

nooshinjohn

Enthusiast
Sorry to see you go bro:rolleyes:...

It was fun being a thorn in their sides while it lasted. Never met a bigger group of physcoacoustical neanderthals in my life.

Here, you pretty much admit to going there to troll, then wonder why you got banned.

Classy, real classy.:confused::rolleyes:

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

Sorry to see you go bro:rolleyes:...

Here, you pretty much admit to going there to troll, then wonder why you got banned.

Classy, real classy.:confused::rolleyes:
The thorn was a technical thorn. Nothing like being banned for being correct. It just ruffled too many feathers.

Like the idiotic notion that there aren't any receivers out there (besides a Sunfire/Rotel etc) that can handle 4 ohm surround speakers. Even in the face of over whelming evidence. And especially the front L/C/R are ran on external amplification. People should actually listen to what you have to say?

Honestly (and via PM) I let others know at PF I was done with you fools in October. Not a single one of you would let me send them four randomly labeled cables, two burned in and two not.

Bob Lee (Application Engineer from QSC Audio, and Secretary of AES) likened me to 'Copernicus walking through an astrologers convention' on that one.

Last edited:
GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
"Ignorance is Bliss" applies to certain places on the internet.

Club Polk.. looks like a very blissful forum.

nooshinjohn

nooshinjohn

Enthusiast
Bob Lee (Application Engineer from QSC Audio, and Secretary of AES) likened me to 'Copernicus walking through an astrologers convention' on that one.
Obviously, he does not know you as well as I do. To me, you have always been more like Forrest Gump with a huge God complex. You know nothing and yet you think you know so much.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Obviously, he does not know you as well as I do. To me, you have always been more like Forrest Gump with a huge God complex. You know nothing and yet you think you know so much.
I'll remind you what happened to hearingimpared when he took on Mark at PF...

I think it's funny that you presume to know anything. I have about 5 threads at PF the proves you don't.

You're the one with the egregious misunderstanding that there aren't 4 ohm stable receivers out there that the masses can afford. Take a look at the Onkyo TX 708. ~400-500 and rated 4 ohm stable. Yamaha too.

I'm not the one calling a sub setup with a Behringer EP2500/DCX 2496 (now MiniDSP) /TC Sound drivers 'Pro audio junk'.

'You know nothing and yet you think you know so much'.

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

Here is the truth:

Please keep in mind that the thread was almost immediately deleted after Cathy posted that. Can't have the truth out there for everyone to see:D:eek:

For anyone that wants the full transcript I have the PDF's of the thread in question.

H

Habanero Monk

Audiophyte
Hi Jin,

Just thought I would pop on over and join (Russman invited some folks to go ahead and depart PF if they felt strongly). I've mainly lurked at Polk Audio due to the sophomoric and aggressive nature of some of the members there.

Anyway I appreciate the help with the external amplification and my 70's.

I pretty much see it as cfrizz. Just a group of people that complained to Pontius Pilate till they received what they asked for. I still haven't seen a single thread where you started on the attack there. Lord knows I have looked.

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah I have heard bad things about that place and have been told never to go there....

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There's a good line from a Porcupine Tree album that seems appropriate here:

The brainwashed don't know that they're brainwashed.

:D

O

ohskigod

Junior Audioholic
given the views you point out here, how could Club Polk possibly have thought you were there only for trolling?

cmon man, seriously? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

lots of pots calling kettles all kinds of black goin on here, just sayin

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Yeah I have heard bad things about that place and have been told never to go there....
So have I and I honestly would not want anything to do with audiofools who think cables and wire sound different or think their esoteric amps magically sound better than a well built pro amp or well built anything for that matter.

dorokusai

dorokusai

Full Audioholic
Club Polk - Polkies

Hey Polkies, there's no reason to keep poking the stick about what happened. To keep the banter going across forums and mucking up things here just doesn't serve any purpose. Let's keep it civil and over there if you really want to talk about it.

I have no issues with anyone here nor the forum since I'm a member here as well. The users and discussion here can be just as "lively" I guess you could say and it's what makes them both well traveled and active :)

Jinjuku - I'm not sure what the decision making process was nor the actual reason....no idea. I'd hope that you and others wouldn't make such broad comments regarding the board, as you know as well as I that it was a handful of members that your contact was truly involved with and that's it.

We have a solid, active user base just like Audioholics, with great members of many varied interests and levels of knowledge. It's unfair to those members to say that the entire place is a waste of time and no one has a clue. I'm sure you won't miss a beat, nor will I, as our hobby takes precedence over the trivial things. I take what happens there seriously, closely look after things like the Flea Market, assist new and old folks with Polk issues and help ensure for the most part, it's a cool place to be. Some things are out of my hands and as with any forum, issues evolve into bigger issues that eventually become their own strange animal.

As far a folks not liking or even hating Polk Audio products? Not a problem at all for me since there is so much out there, that you eventually find out what you like, love and otherwise. We all have different tastes and you have to be critical and really learn and hear everything possible. Our own forum is often critical of product and since we have Polk's ear, it's nice to know they're listening. For me personally, it's exactly as it should be and not just blind allegiance.

All I'm concentrating on now is my upcoming audio event, Capital Audiofest and keeping my Shure ear buds out of my dogs mouth. For some reason she finds them delicious and I'll flip a wig if she eats them. Anyways, I'm rambling now....ugh.

Regards,
Mark

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis