I have a problem with some old Loudspeakers

R

Rich123

Audiophyte
Hi,

I have a pair of JC One Loudspeakers and one of the speakers has some problems.

I already had one of the Loudspeakers (this one seems to work fine) set up with a different bookshelf speaker (the other damaged Loudspeaker was put in the attic many years ago most likely because of this problem) and recently I brought it down to try and fix it.

I just swapped the already in use working Loudspeaker with the damaged one I brought down from the attic. I would set them both up together but I have to buy some more banana plugs.

When I set the damaged Loudspeaker up with a bookshelf speaker the sound mostly only comes from the bookshelf speaker and the damaged loudspeaker just gets dominated and you can barely hear anything coming from it.

Has anyone had any experience with something like this and know of a fix? It's impossible to find any information on these speakers on the internet and I have zero experience with fixing speakers. Thanks

Last edited:
ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
Wait, I'm confused about your initial troubleshooting. Please clarify what you did with the bookshelf speakers. (Based on what you said so far, a different pair of speakers exhibiting the same imbalance indicates the trouble lies upstream.)

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Also, did you really reverse the left and right speaker to check.

It is possible you may have a blown speaker.

R

Rich123

Audiophyte
Ugh I made a mistake with the OP and edited it. The reason that I have 1 loudspeaker and 1 bookshelf setup is because the Turntable was sold a long time ago and these speakers were just used for a T.V.

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi,

I have a pair of JC One Loudspeakers and one of the speakers has some problems.

I already had one of the Loudspeakers (this one seems to work fine) set up with a different bookshelf speaker (the other damaged Loudspeaker was put in the attic many years ago most likely because of this problem) and recently I brought it down to try and fix it.

I just swapped the already in use working Loudspeaker with the damaged one I brought down from the attic. I would set them both up together but I have to buy some more banana plugs.

When I set the damaged Loudspeaker up with a bookshelf speaker the sound mostly only comes from the bookshelf speaker and the damaged loudspeaker just gets dominated and you can barely hear anything coming from it.

Has anyone had any experience with something like this and know of a fix? It's impossible to find any information on these speakers on the internet and I have zero experience with fixing speakers. Thanks
You need to check the drivers with an ohm meter and do a battery test on the woofer also.

If the drivers check out OK, then you need to trouble shoot the crossover.

If the drivers are toast, then the speaker is done. I have never heard of those speakers and the chance of finding parts is probably zero.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis