I got pulled and had to blow last night...

Status
Not open for further replies.
jinjuku

jinjuku

The officer gave one eventually:
They can't make **** up. Now they can LIE and make up anything they want. It doesn't make it lawful however. Check out the YouTube video of Brett Darrow that I linked where the LEO says straight up that he'll make something up.

They have to have a REASON. Not some crap they pull out of their ***.

The first thing I would do is serve FOI request and get the dash cam footage. In order for a DUI stop they have to see you weaving to a degree for a certain distance. If the dash cam footage doesn't reveal this I would roast the LEO that made the stop.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I'm secure enough with my manhood that I can avoid confrontations without feeling any shame.
Thats BS, if you need to tell yourself that, then fine, you have to live with yourself... So where do you draw {I used it correctly that time} the line, avoiding confrontation and standing up for yourself when being wronged? Your statement is a cop out, thats like saying " I am secure enough not to defend my wifes honor with out feeling shame" good for you, congrats we obviously have different opinions on this one, so lets leave it at that, because you have no problem being confrontational behind your pc screen.... Or does that just apply to in person????

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
The first impression you give a cop when getting pulled over can drastically change the way the encounter goes. I always have the first word and it is usually "how are you doing today?" It disarms them and lets them know they aren't dealing with an angry douche. I've found that if you talk to them like people and not cops they don't mess with you. However, if that doesn't work and they go into "respect my authority" mode I'll make them tell me what their probable cause is. If they don't have one then I ask for a sargent or ask if I need to call my lawyer (whether I have one or not). That usually shuts them up pretty quick. It takes about 3 seconds into getting pulled over to see how it's going to go. It's been a long time since I've gotten a rude cop.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
They can't make **** up. Now they can LIE and make up anything they want. It doesn't make it lawful however.
Of course not, but there's not much evidence to indicate that the officer was lying about his suspicion either. It's possible it was a dirty stop, but neither of us are really in a position to say one way or the other. What we do know is that Irv didn't probably didn't endear himself to the officer by failing to answer a simple question, and he didn't initially comply with an order to spit out his cough drop.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I love this classic LEO line: I smelt something

Two years ago I'm at a Sheetz in PA. Heading to New York for a trade show. Filling up the truck and cop walks over from about 50 feet away and proceeds to tell me
he smells Marijuana and he thinks I'm the source.

I haven't seen hide nor hair of bud for 19 years at this point. I just roll my eye's cause here we go. I start with the twenty questions. First off I ask him how he smelt something from 50 feet away, then triangulated to me. I asked him if he is recording. When he says no, I let him know that I am recording on my cell phone (it's in my hand).

I figure the best way to make it a hassle (it's po dunk town) is to have them get a K9 unit out and see if they will hit to give them 'probable cause'. It put him on alert that he didn't have any at the moment.

He asks to search my vehicle. I let him know I don't consent and asked if I'm free to go. I'm free to go.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
My Son is a 1st LT in the Army , He has been accepted to the Delaware State Police Academy when he gets home (deferred position at this time), He has been accepted to the Lower Cape May police Department for full time position (deferred this as well) deferring keeps your name as next hire without a complete withdrawal from hires. I think he will be an outstanding Law enforcement officer since he is doing such an outstanding job in the military. I think this whole incident with op is somewhat absurd, maybe this cop had a different mindset than he should have had and from that point the wheels came off, so to speak.
The Men and Women out there are doing what they can to keep us all safe and cozy in our everyday lives and usually they are doing the best they can under some very stressful conditions which can lead to strange actions, maybe blame their training instead of the individual.I think there are just way too many GOOD cops/troopers to say that "I Hate Cops" - "They Suck" - "EGO" - all the BS that some folks feel, try walking in their shoes and maybe we would all feel different. I know some of them can be complete jackoffs but they pale in comparison to the Good Guys/Gals in Law Enforcement.
Oh yeah did I say just how proud I am of my Son.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
FWIW, as far as I'm aware, most if not all states have something along the lines of "Failure to comply with a lawful order" on the books; if an officer gives a lawful command, i.e. pull over, get on the ground, move behind the line, etc, you are expected to follow said command as opposed to questioning its validity. I'd wager this probably got you on the officer's bad side more than refusing to answer where you were going.

The officer needs to have a reason, the stop was bad from the start. he had no reason to pull me over, no reason to ask me out of the car, no reason to ask me to spit out my cough drop, no cause for any of his actions, so how am I the "bad" guy?

Like I said, you guys react to a situation in a certain way that is fine, I have dealt with cops a bunch of times with no incidents, if they are respectful and doing their job its fine with me... He had no lawful reason to detain me, if you can't see that then I don't know what else to say, there are tons of videos of cops behaving badly, nothing new, when I was a kid a friend of mine from 2 streets over was killed by a "renegade" police officer {native RI'ers will know the story} they are not always rite, and they are not smarter or more inclined to know what is good for you than you are, if it is the case and you can not think for yourself or protect yourself then IMO you should be ashamed...

heres the link to the incident I was referring to in case anyone is interested... http://articles.latimes.com/1994-06-12/news/mn-3432_1_police-officer maybe my area is different than where you guys live and you have all great robo cop grade police officers that do no wrong and never act up, but that is not the case around here....

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Thats BS, if you need to tell yourself that, then fine, you have to live with yourself... So where do you draw {I used it correctly that time} the line, avoiding confrontation and standing up for yourself when being wronged? Your statement is a cop out, thats like saying " I am secure enough not to defend my wifes honor with out feeling shame" good for you, congrats we obviously have different opinions on this one, so lets leave it at that, because you have no problem being confrontational behind your pc screen.... Or does that just apply to in person????
What do you consider being "wronged" How do you know you weren't sewrving, justa little? How do you know ther ewasn't a break in in the area and your vehicle matched the description?

No, you just chose to make a scene and relied on youre buddies to pull your fat out of the fire.

Had you just kept your mouth shut and answered his questions with a modicum of respect due someone who puts his life on the line whenever he walks up to a car, odds are you would have been on your way in a matter of minutes. Instead, if I were to believe you, you had half the police force called out just to satisfy your ego.

but, no, you just had to be the big man. Here you are dong it again by threatening me.

So, now you're saying he defiled your wife's honor? Gimme a break. You're grasping.

Last edited:
E

English210

Audioholic
I was a cop for a while. I found out that putting out fires that will restart next week, and not being able to work on real solutions is not for me, however, my time as a cop was good for me in many ways.

To the cop-haters - If you brush all cops with the same brush, you're as bad as anyone else with a prejudice, and therefore part of the problem. You enter any interaction with a cop with a preconcieved notion of how things will go down, and that's a self-fulfilling prophecy. When someone approached me with the 'I knows my rights, and I'm gonna prove it to ya' attitude, I knew it was going to a longer and more tedious, if not downright dangerous...interaction. We all have stories of 'how I beat the cops and got away with one', including me, but the truth is, there's always someone 'bigger'...for me, not hard since I'm not a big guy, but I also don't have little guy syndrome. My favorite example is when I was on a call with another officer who was smaller than me, and the woman who had called asked him 'Does yo momma know where you is?' and it was everything I could do to keep a straight face! In fairness, he was a decent guy, and she was bigger than both of us together.

ImcLoud - I have no problem with how you acted, simply because you were prepared to pay for any consequences of your actions, including a ride downtown, until you were vindicated. The 'easy way' would have gotten you and your wife on your way, and warm again, far sooner. If you felt rookie needed 'a voice of reason' from a seasoned pro, whom you knew, that would have just meant a phone call. Personally, my primary objective would have been to get my wife home safe soonest. If I had been alone, then yes, my pigheadedness would have required me to be sure 'junior' learnt his lesson. Of course, it wasn't me, it was you, and you made your call based on your personality, and evidently your wife wasn't concerned, so no harm-no foul.

When I was on the road, we did 'find' reasons to pull over certain vehicles we knew were likely to be up to no good. However, we knew there better be a good articulable reason, or the fruit of the poisoned tree would render anything we did find irrelevant. So Junior's stop was pointless for any reason other than a power play, and as such, he needs to be 'encouraged' to find a different career...coming soon to a 'security' company near you.

It's another example of life's tradeoffs. What I get mad about is when someone's choice brings about a negative consequence and then they b!tch and complain. Take responsibility for your actions!! In this case, ImcLoud did exactly that - he chose to push the issue, knowing he was likely to be more inconvenienced, and did it anyway. He was 'right', based on the story he tells (no disrespect, but there are 3 sides to every story - he said, she said, and the truth), and being 'right' and sticking to his guns cost him somewhat, but he recognizes that. I can respect that completely.

Some of the posters here are repeating urban myths, untruths, and evidencing prejudices that reveal them to not have the integrity that they are complaining is missing in cops. Mirror, meet face, face, mirror...

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
What do you consider being "wronged" How do you know you weren't sewrving, justa little? How do you know ther ewasn't a break in in the area and your vehicle matched the description?

No, you just chose to make a scene and relied on youre buddies to pull your fat out of the fire.

Had you just kept your mouth shut and answered his questions with a modicum of respect due someone who puts his life on the line whenever he walks up to a car, odds are you would have been on your way in a matter of minutes. Instead, if I were to believe you, you had half the police force called out just to satisfy your ego.

but, no, you just had to be the big man. Here you are dong it again by threatening me.
How did I threaten you, get over yourself... Its people like you that make these guys think they can act like that, I know I wasn't swerving, he admitted he had no reason for the stop to his superior officer.

So mark for someone that doesn't like confrontations you aren't showing it here, OH I FORGOT you are behind your computer, go talk to your wife that way, I could care less what you think...

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
It's interesting to see how quickly human nature resorts back to The Lord of the Fly, type of mentality.

The same members that look for objective, non anecdotal answers to Amps and magic power cords,
throw out that objectivity when painting one profession with such a broad brush.

The imperfections of human nature run equally throughout us all. No one profession lays claim to them all........ OK maybe politicians.:D

Seems pretty simple -
A cop with a big ego and a chip on his shoulder, pulled over someone with an even Bigger Ego and chip on his shoulder.

Just my $0.02

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
he had no reason to pull me over
That's the million dollar question in my book. No offense, but as English210 mentioned, there's always three sides to a story. Right now, we've got one.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I was a cop for a while. I found out that putting out fires that will restart next week, and not being able to work on real solutions is not for me, however, my time as a cop was good for me in many ways.

To the cop-haters - If you brush all cops with the same brush, you're as bad as anyone else with a prejudice, and therefore part of the problem. You enter any interaction with a cop with a preconcieved notion of how things will go down, and that's a self-fulfilling prophecy. When someone approached me with the 'I knows my rights, and I'm gonna prove it to ya' attitude, I knew it was going to a longer and more tedious, if not downright dangerous...interaction. We all have stories of 'how I beat the cops and got away with one', including me, but the truth is, there's always someone 'bigger'...for me, not hard since I'm not a big guy, but I also don't have little guy syndrome. My favorite example is when I was on a call with another officer who was smaller than me, and the woman who had called asked him 'Does yo momma know where you is?' and it was everything I could do to keep a straight face! In fairness, he was a decent guy, and she was bigger than both of us together.

ImcLoud - I have no problem with how you acted, simply because you were prepared to pay for any consequences of your actions, including a ride downtown, until you were vindicated. The 'easy way' would have gotten you and your wife on your way, and warm again, far sooner. If you felt rookie needed 'a voice of reason' from a seasoned pro, whom you knew, that would have just meant a phone call. Personally, my primary objective would have been to get my wife home safe soonest. If I had been alone, then yes, my pigheadedness would have required me to be sure 'junior' learnt his lesson. Of course, it wasn't me, it was you, and you made your call based on your personality, and evidently your wife wasn't concerned, so no harm-no foul.

When I was on the road, we did 'find' reasons to pull over certain vehicles we knew were likely to be up to no good. However, we knew there better be a good articulable reason, or the fruit of the poisoned tree would render anything we did find irrelevant. So Junior's stop was pointless for any reason other than a power play, and as such, he needs to be 'encouraged' to find a different career...coming soon to a 'security' company near you.

It's another example of life's tradeoffs. What I get mad about is when someone's choice brings about a negative consequence and then they b!tch and complain. Take responsibility for your actions!! In this case, ImcLoud did exactly that - he chose to push the issue, knowing he was likely to be more inconvenienced, and did it anyway. He was 'right', based on the story he tells (no disrespect, but there are 3 sides to every story - he said, she said, and the truth), and being 'right' and sticking to his guns cost him somewhat, but he recognizes that. I can respect that completely.

Some of the posters here are repeating urban myths, untruths, and evidencing prejudices that reveal them to not have the integrity that they are complaining is missing in cops. Mirror, meet face, face, mirror...
Thanks English,
that is what I was trying to explain, I know I could have kissed his *** and let him feel up my wife then we would have been on our way... BUT who in their rit emaind would do that {well we see a few in this thread but besides them}? I was completely ready to go down town, call my lawyer, and have my wife call one of my employees to driver her home {the roads were bad}, I already worked that all out in my head... He smashed the coughs on my wrists, way too tight, I didn't say a word, he pulled my shoulder back {as some of you know a huge issue for me} after I said can you use 2 set of coughs I have a shoulder injury, nope he used one set... There are 3 sides to every story, but I have no reason to coat it in my favor, this young cop made that easy for me....

I was worried for a minute with a couple of the replys in this thread but I have a few PM's that were encouraging, that all people aren't sheep.... I thank you all for that...

This wasn't meant to turn into an argument, I was just sharing a my story, with the hopes that others would see they don't have to act like sheep.. I stated in my posts, I don't hate cops, I know many and they are mostly all stand up decent guys...

I have gotten my share of speeding tickets, I knew I could drop a name and never see a ticket, just like with this kid, I could have said "your boss was at my house for new years eve" but I don't, I had my wife make a phone call because I knew this kid wasn't in his rite mind and now had something to prove... I take my speeding tickets, I have the points on my license and inflated insurance rates to prove it, I own a coronet RT {big block car}, super bee {big block 4 spd car}, a 415 hp motorcycle {turbo hayabusa}{ there are pics around here somewhere} so I get me share of tickets, and don't try to get out of them with my friends, they find out later and say "why didn't you tell me" and I say "Im a bog boy I can pay my own tickets..."

Last edited:
ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
That's the million dollar question in my book. No offense, but as English210 mentioned, there's always three sides to a story. Right now, we've got one.
As I said before he admitted to his superior officer that the stop was un warranted, I think he was going to lie but where we were he couldn't, they have dash cams, and I was going by a walmart that is covered in cameras.

He looked rite at my wife and was bored and figured he wanted a closer look, I have heard cops brag about pulling over pretty women on multiple occasions, and I know when I drive down the street and see a car pulled over its either going to be a Black or spanish male, or an attractive young 80% of the time... My wife is in her early 30s and very attractive its nothing she isnt used to, she went to UT for 4 years and said she and her girlfirends were constantly getting pulled over and multiple times the cops asked for her contact information...

Its part of what some cops become cops for... not a secret..

As far as the sides of the story goes I never said I wasn't standing up for myself, I said I asked him why for everything he asked me accept when he asked for my vehicle and license information. Its simple, hot girl, big guy, little rookie cop with little guy syndrome, and me now in a bad mood because he pulled me over with out cause.... I have no doubt he was going to get foolish with my wife and I was going to get arrested for how I reacted to it, not a big deal, I pay an annual retainer so my attorney is a phone call away any time night or day, in the contract I am to have counsel within 1 hour of my phone call no matter the time or date... I spoke with him this morning {unrelated matter} and he asked me about the stop {his son and my brother are best friends so he heard about it}, I told him he had no reason to stop me, and he said "you could have got away with resisting at that point" I said "yah, you would have loved that" and he laughed....

Last edited:
M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
This, rat cheer, is the crux of the matter.

feel up his wife??? WTF???

jinjuku

jinjuku

When I was on the road, we did 'find' reasons to pull over certain vehicles we knew were likely to be up to no good. However, we knew there better be a good articulable reason, or the fruit of the poisoned tree would render anything we did find irrelevant.
AKA the 'Feeling Hinky' method. I'm sure it involved profiling a 78' Chevy Nova with the cranked down just a smidged.

If you don't see this as a impetus behind my distaste for Law Enforcement then you don't get it and I'm glad you aren't serving any longer.

Yes I was pulled over in my Nova doing nothing wrong but going on about my business. It was a two unit stop. One younger guy, one older. The younger guy started having an issue when I ask for the reason for the stop. The older guy figured out that I wasn't a catch in about 10 seconds flat. Placed an arm on the younger cop, spoke to him quietly.

He then walked up and said I was free to go. That is about as close to a 'good' interaction that I have had.

I've been pulled over for speeding once. Ticketed. The stop went smooth. I was in the wrong. I admitted it and asked for a warning vs ticket. He let me off with a warning and let me know they stayed in system for 6 months. I was on my way in 15 minutes. If it's legit it's no problem.

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

Feel free to correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis