I Don't Know What to Say

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
Rob Babcock said:
Whether you "agree" with homosexuality, whatever that ultimately means, it's supposedly a well-written and well-acted love story about two guys.
You would have a hard time selling most men on a well-written and well-acted love story about a guy and a girl (can you say chick flick). But at least most of us can relate in one way or another to that material (the guy and the girl part).

I'm not sure who the target audience is for this movie - I guess gay cowboys. I'm not sure how many of them are running around these days. Maybe the gay community will enjoy it, but they're not exactly going to pack theaters.

I have nothing against the movie, I just don't understand the wide release. This sounds like a limited release indie film for the artsy types. For many of us who go to the movies to be entertained, I'm not sure that uncomfortable man love is going to sound like a fun Friday night - no matter how well acted it is. This is probably one of those films that only the critics could love (and a few select others).

Last edited:

Buckle-meister

Audioholic Field Marshall
alandamp said:
...most of us can relate in one way or another to this material.
D I S C L A I M E R: I cannot relate to this material. Not even a sausage (poor choice of word perhaps :eek: ). I am in no way affiliated to Alandamp. Never heard of the guy. :)

Regards

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
Buckle-meister said:
D I S C L A I M E R: I cannot relate to this material. Not even a sausage (poor choice of word perhaps :eek: ). I am in no way affiliated to Alandamp. Never heard of the guy. :)

Regards
Ouch!! I edited my post, as it did sound like I was relating the wrong way.

Come on Buck, don't hide our love :eek: .

Mulester, don't get all religious on us now. It's just a movie, not real life. I doubt anyone impressionable is going to watch the movie and decide the gay cowboy lifestyle is for them.

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
I just don't see the big deal about the film. I don't really care about the social commentary, or the exploration of forbidden man-love, blah blah blah. It just looks plain old boring to me. I can enjoy an indie film with the rest of the hoity-toities, but this just looks like 2 hrs I'd really want back if I wasted them watching this movie.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Anyone ever seen My Own Private Idaho? I found that one difficult to watch, with two actors who I liked at the time (Keanu, River), and I found that I ultimately could not get into the movie.

E

eirepaul

Audioholic
Wow - it's kind of disheartening to realise that a lot of people I share a passion for good quality sound and video with can be somewhat close-minded. My wife and I saw the trailer for this when we saw Syriana (another good movie) at the weekend and we thought it looked like a good story and we plan to see it. To each their own, I guess.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
This movie will bomb and deservedly so. When will hollyweird get a clue? Americans do not want this trash. :mad: Man I don't even want to get started on this. :mad: :mad: :mad:

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
I accept the idea that homosexuals exist in our society, has always been for as long as human existed. But do we have to glorify 2 guys necking each other on the big screen? There is a limit to what even I can tolerate.

majorloser

majorloser

eirepaul said:
Wow - it's kind of disheartening to realise that a lot of people I share a passion for good quality sound and video with can be somewhat close-minded. My wife and I saw the trailer for this when we saw Syriana (another good movie) at the weekend and we thought it looked like a good story and we plan to see it. To each their own, I guess.
We are the average red-blooded American males (sorry Buckle). Most of us would not be caught dead going to Blockbuster and asking, "Is Brokeback Mountain back yet?" or going to the theater window and saying, "Can I have a ticket to Brokeback Mountain?".

Yeah, we're American males. We like electronics, firearms, excessive horsepower and big breasted women:rolleyes:

furrycute: Bring on the lesbian cowgirl films:D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
jeffsg4mac said:
This movie will bomb and deservedly so. When will hollyweird get a clue? Americans do not want this trash. :mad: Man I don't even want to get started on this. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Do you have any Idea what would happen is Americans got what they wanted? :eek:

Some of you guys are really homophobic. I wouldn't see this movie, but I'm not going to bash the living hell out of it just because its got 2 gay cowboys.

They are not going to jump through the screen and hump you, calm down.

SheepStar

Last edited:
majorloser

majorloser

Sheep said:
Oh no! Did I say hell? Better go do other anti-religious things!

SheepStar

Shhhhh........we don't want to get them started again. I think that thread is still going.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
majorloser said:
Shhhhh........we don't want to get them started again. I think that thread is still going.
Edited

I forgot :)

SheepStar

E

eirepaul

Audioholic
majorloser said:
We are the average red-blooded American males (sorry Buckle). Most of us would not be caught dead going to Blockbuster and asking, "Is Brokeback Mountain back yet?" or going to the theater window and saying, "Can I have a ticket to Brokeback Mountain?".

Yeah, we're American males. We like electronics, firearms, excessive horsepower and big breasted women:rolleyes:

furrycute: Bring on the lesbian cowgirl films:D
unbelievable!

E

eirepaul

Audioholic
jeffsg4mac said:
unbelieveable again!

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
My objection to the film isn't based on homosexuality, but on how boring it looks to me. I'm in a spot in my life where I like explosions or comedy, or in the perfect film both. I can't care less about the fact that 2 guys are rolling around in sleeping bags under the stars. I'm not offended by gay people, either male or female. Sheep's right, they aren't going to try and hump you through the screen. I can appreciate what went into the film, the risks the actors are taking, how well shot it is supposed to be, etc, etc, etc. But since it isn't following my current requirement of firefights and chuckles it's out for me. Seriously, I know that there are those that can watch a film simply because it is artfully done, but if the story doesn't speak to you or you object to the content, or you don't want to drop $13 a ticket to cure your insomnia then you shouldn't have to see it and that's that. To each their own.

E

eirepaul

Audioholic
furrycute said:
I accept the idea that homosexuals exist in our society, has always been for as long as human existed. But do we have to glorify 2 guys necking each other on the big screen? There is a limit to what even I can tolerate.

You can't tolerate much - can you?

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
eirepaul, a lot of guys don't want to watch 2 men make out, a lot of ladies don't either for that matter. For what it's worth I'm kind of with you though, in the fact that I think you have good intentions, but people shouldn't have to watch what they don't want. Let them vote with their pocket books and by staying home. Expressing their opinions is their right just like it's yours to state how you feel. For what it's worth most guys I know have a lot worse things to say about this movie than have been posted here. I can't say that I have any gay friends, but I would never turn away a friend that came out, and I have been hit on twice by gay guys. When I was younger I took offence and made it a big deal. The second time I laughed it off, got a free drink out of it, and went home with the gay guy's "wing-girl". People will believe what they want, and watch what they want. Again I applaude your point of view but just because some guys crack an off color comment doesn't make them frothing at the mouth homophobes, at least I don't think so.

The Wing-Girl story really doesn't have any bearing, I just like telling it, lol.

Last edited:
furrycute

furrycute

Banned
eirepaul said:
You can't tolerate much - can you?
I have had some professors that are gay, some senior colleagues that are gay (or I think they are), had pretty good professional relationships with them, never had any problems with them. I can tell you this much, I can tolerate a lot of things.

But you cannot force me to watch 2 guys making out, whether in real life or on a big screen, that's just too much. I draw the line there.

droeses58

droeses58

Audioholic
eirepaul said:
Just out of curiosty, how open minded were you about The Passion of the Christ?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis