I bought a motorcycle yesterday

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Your kidneys will be fine and a few other bits.
I ride defensivly. If I cannot see the other driver noticing me, I assume he does not see me. That is why can't stand blacked out window tint. Should be illegal.... Oh yeah.... it is!

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
John Prine sang "give my knees to the needy and give my love to Rose".

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Where do you live ,? if you live in Fla all I can say is why. In Fla we avg about 600 motorcycle deaths a year. I sold my 2009 Electra Glide in 2011 after a too close for comfort call.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Where do you live ,? if you live in Fla all I can say is why. In Fla we avg about 600 motorcycle deaths a year. I sold my 2009 Electra Glide in 2011 after a too close for comfort call.
He lives a few miles from me in Apple Valley MN. The winters tend to make moto bikes unattractive but we do have them. Bikes are Harleys mostly round here, which make a dreadful racket. We also have the odd Far Eastern "crotch rocket". One of the problems is being aware of bikes. We go months without them pretty much and then they appear, and it is easy to forget about them, especially in the Spring. I have had the odd near miss with bikes over the years, on Interstates when changing lanes. These new flashing lights on the mirrors really help, but only our newest car has them. Our RAV for is our first car to have them. Our older Camry does not.
I have to say I really dislike bikes and consider them very dangerous. I have personally done too many brain death exams and declarations for bikers over the years.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
He lives a few miles from me in Apple Valley MN. The winters tend to make moto bikes unattractive but we do have them. Bikes are Harleys mostly round here, which make a dreadful racket. We also have the odd Far Eastern "crotch rocket". One of the problems is being aware of bikes. We go months without them pretty much and then they appear, and it is easy to forget about them, especially in the Spring. I have had the odd near miss with bikes over the years, on Interstates when changing lanes. These new flashing lights on the mirrors really help, but only our newest car has them. Our RAV for is our first car to have them. Our older Camry does not.
I have to say I really dislike bikes and consider them very dangerous. I have personally done too many brain death exams and declarations for bikers over the years.
I appreciate your concern!

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
So far, I only test rode the motorcycle before I bought it. The weather here turned quite heinous this week, so it's fine. I bought a new new AGM battery that arrived today. Getting a new rear tire mounted this Saturday. The guy who built it in to a street tracker removed the horn, turn signals and original speedo. Plus, it has no tach or neutral light. It was a fine build, but I will be adding all that back in and make it better. I will need to weld in some small brackets to accomodate rear turn signals. TLS Guy, do you weld? The builder did a really nice job in altering the tail section sub-frame, but it has no accomodations for rear turn signals. I found a nice speedo that has the correct ratio with indicator lights for neutral, high beam and turn signals. The builder's speedo didn't have a tripmeter either. These are things I need on a bike. Obviously. I will start at zero miles on the odo. That's fine. His had 1270 since the build. I have records of the history, so I know how many miles were on the bike before he built it into a street tracker. It has approx 8700 miles on the bike in total. Not too shabby. I have the paint color code. I will be painting the front fender yellow to complete the Kenny Rogers color scheme. This happens to be what attracted me to this bike as I have always loved that Yamaha color scheme. There is a paint shop in Stillwater, Minnesota that will put the paint into an aerosol can for $38. Glad I found them.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
So far, I only test rode the motorcycle before I bought it. The weather here turned quite heinous this week, so it's fine. I bought a new new AGM battery that arrived today. Getting a new rear tire mounted this Saturday. The guy who built it in to a street tracker removed the horn, turn signals and original speedo. Plus, it has no tach or neutral light. It was a fine build, but I will be adding all that back in and make it better. I will need to weld in some small brackets to accomodate rear turn signals. TLS Guy, do you weld? The builder did a really nice job in altering the tail section sub-frame, but it has no accomodations for rear turn signals. I found a nice speedo that has the correct ratio with indicator lights for neutral, high beam and turn signals. The builder's speedo didn't have a tripmeter either. These are things I need on a bike. Obviously. I will start at zero miles on the odo. That's fine. His had 1270 since the build. I have records of the history, so I know how many miles were on the bike before he built it into a street tracker. It has approx 8700 miles on the bike in total. Not too shabby. I have the paint color code. I will be painting the front fender yellow to complete the Kenny Rogers color scheme. This happens to be what attracted me to this bike as I have always loved that Yamaha color scheme. There is a paint shop in Stillwater, Minnesota that will put the paint into an aerosol can for $38. Glad I found them.
Yes, I can weld, and have a welder. I only weld steel and not aluminum, which is a real art. You pretty much get out of practice with that if you don't do it every day.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Yes, I can weld, and have a welder. I only weld steel and not aluminum, which is a real art. You pretty much get out of practice with that if you don't do it every day.
Hopefully it works out for you to help me sometime in the next few months. I will find some scrap steel and fashion them into small brackets. I am thinking 3/4" square tabs. Only the rears. I have a couple of options for the fronts.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Hopefully it works out for you to help me sometime in the next few months. I will find some scrap steel and fashion them into small brackets. I am thinking 3/4" square tabs. Only the rears. I have a couple of options for the fronts.
as a Fyi; A lot of good Level 1 welding classes at some local community colleges and tech schools. They provide all the stuff, you show up, learn and also work on your own stuff. Plus ya meet a lot of pretty decent people.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Good luck among all the steel cages.
Thanks. Been riding/have had motorcycles every year of my life (except for 2008) since 1978 when I bought a brand new 1977 Yamaha RD400

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis