I am sold on Klipsch, just completed my Home Theater

C

Cory Raymer

Enthusiast
Well, after a couple of months of building my second Home Theater (sold the last house a few years ago) I just completed installing and testing my new sound system. I will be mounting the projection screen and Epson 5030ub projector tonight.

I only got to spend about an hour listening to some music last night, but my wife had to drag me, kicking and screaming out of the room and to bed. My previous setup was all EMP Tek. My media room is 16x24 and this system fills it up nicely, sound-wise.

What I just purchased:

Klipsch RP-280F towers
Klipsch RP-450C center
Klipsch RP-240S Surrounds
Klipsch CDT-3650-C II in ceiling rears
Rythmik Audio FVX15 400W RMS 15" sub (this thing is a beast)
Denon AVR-3200W Receiver
Emotiva XPA-5 Amplifier
Panamax Power conditioner
Roku 3
PS 4
Intel NUC for my HTPC
Drobo NAS
APC 1400va UPS for media rack
smaller APC 750VA for Projector

From what I have heard so far, I am blown away. Keep in mind I still have not run the Audessey EQ to calibrate things until I get my HT seating in next Saturday. I can not wait to watch my first movie in the new HT, I am just arguing with myself on what the first movie will be.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Cool! Glad you are discovering home theater!

Post some pics too in the gallery forum!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I don't think Klipsch is all that bad. I think your sub is killer. Nice setup. Nice to see you have protection for the projector. I have read somewhere that to preserve the battery life of UPS's, you should have 25% more voltage than what your system is rated to draw. I am not sure if that is BS or not though.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
That's kind of my dream HT right now, actually, part for part. Except I'd go for sealed subs. Well done, can't wait to see pics.

KlipschFTW

KlipschFTW

Audioholic Intern
I'm going for a full klipsch set up myself and have fell in love since my first purchase!

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Good for you all who love your choices. Others have different tastes and are also happy.

The most important person to make happy is you! Well done.

selkec

selkec

Audioholic
Same speakers I now have, except I have rf-82 towers. I'm in process of rebuilding my system... im looking at a Denon x4200 and emotiva xpa5. How much hiss do you get with your setup?

S

Sipos88

Audioholic Intern
I would love to know the hiss level too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

Sipos88

Audioholic Intern
How would you say it sounds the xpa-5 with Klipsch vs denon w Klipsch?

S

Soldierblue211

Audiophyte
First time ever posting. ..saw the questions about emotiva with klipsch and felt inclined to respond. Just did an upgrade throughout my whole system but was drawn to klipsch from my previous experience. Also, upgraded receiver based on high end availability in area and finally purchased an amp which I went on a limb, was based on price and Web reviews. ...
RP 280 F front
RP 450 C cent
RF 600B surr
RF RS3 rear surr
RSW115 main sub
SW112B sec sub
Anthem MRX 720
Emotiva XPA-5
Coming from a pioneer sc61 to the anthem was a great step up but adding the emotiva was by far one of the nicest additions to my system. Yes, it's louder but that's not the best part or even the most noticeable. What I noticed the most was the increase in dynamic capability. My gut tells me it's the storage capacity the emotiva has over either of the receiver's, giving more power when required for bass and dynamic peaks in movies and music. Now getting away from my 'opinion' of sound quality. ...there is no hiss. None. Now that being said some sources can provide a hiss but it's not the systems fault just the source!
Side note. ..the new Reference Premier series of klipsch has introduced a rubber surrounding on the horns that has really made a difference on the high end. Just smoother. ..not as harsh. ..but still sharp clear highs!
Not an audiophile by any means but still enjoy a nice clean, strong system. System was definitely strained with pioneer receiver. Really cleaned up with the new receiver and amp. Emotiva heat is on par with pioneer receiver. Power is not colored just...raw. Anthem is good but miss some of the options of the pioneer!
I would with out a doubt recommend Emotiva...with their very helpful support staff and great products it's a great combo!

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
What options did the Pioneer (model number?) have that the new MRX720 doesn't have?

Just curious.

S

Sipos88

Audioholic Intern
I am really happy with my x4200 Denon, Klipsch rp280, rp450c, rp250s, rp160m and 2 rw-12d subs + emotiva xpa5 upa2.
i love it!!!

JOHN FICKEL

JOHN FICKEL

Senior Audioholic
I am really happy with my x4200 Denon, Klipsch rp280, rp450c, rp250s, rp160m and 2 rw-12d subs + emotiva xpa5 upa2.
i love it!!!

That's awesome. I have two pair of RF-7ii's and they kick ass!! For music and movies.

S

Sipos88

Audioholic Intern
That's awesome. I have two pair of RF-7ii's and they kick ass!! For music and movies.
One day when I have a basement, the Rf-7II's are on my list. They are amazing. The 280's will be the wide ones.

JOHN FICKEL

JOHN FICKEL

Senior Audioholic
I haven't heard the RF-280 yet, but they've got some great reviews.

JOHN FICKEL

JOHN FICKEL

Senior Audioholic
That good to hear. I have two R-115SW with my 7's and crossed over At 80hz. The 7's play bass well too, however the subs can produce those frequencies better than the 7's can.

S

Soldierblue211

Audiophyte
What options did the Pioneer (model number?) have that the new MRX720 doesn't have?

Just curious.
More control over eq was a big one. ..and the 2ND the anthem has very little selection for listening modes, not as big of a deal. Pioneer was a sc-61.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
What crossover do you guys have on the Klipsch?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis