I AM LEGEND -what did you think of alternate movie version? - SPOILER ALERT -

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
Part of living their lives consists of eating the non-dark seeker humans. I haven't read the book, but I have seen the movie. Resolved in the book is irrelevant when watching a movie. The movie needs to resolve itself in order for the movie to work.

In the alternate ending I am to believe that after they have been trying to kill him (likely for food and spite) that all they want is the girl and now it's forgive and forget (about dinner) time? I don't think so.

Jack
In no time in the movie did they try to kill him for no reason. The trap with the taxi was laid after he took the girl with butterfly tattoo. It just shows that everyone will do what it takes to survive no matter the means. It's human nature to try and survive no matter what. And like in the other thread in the book Neville was actually the bad guy because he would hunt them down for no reason.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
I think the Vincent Price movie, Last Man on Earth, did a much better job of making the points you reference from the book. In that he ended up being the bad guy, unintentionally and unknowingly, and dying. It was a much better ending there.

In this version, AFAICT, only the alpha male is shown to have much intelligence. The rest are just shown as violent, hungry, dangerous animals. (alpha female doesn't count, she's basically out cold the whole movie). There doesn't seem to be a highly developed language they speak, just grunts and yells.

I'm not knocking your opinion or the book. I just think the movie doesn't resolve issues it creates with viewers who have no prior knowlege of the book or original story line.

Jack:)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The concepts are there, but they just aren't that well explained in this movie. I agree Last Man on Earth was more clear.

They don't need a highly developed language to communicate, though having been of "higher" intelligence previously, one would think they could muster more than "Uggh", regardless of what the "disease" did to them.

Last edited:
B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'm waiting for a "Dawn of the Dead" remake of the remake so the studio can get the ending right.

It should have ended with a male & female zombie embracing and rubbing noses....then riding off into the sunset on the dead guys sailboat.

....that outta' do it.;):rolleyes:

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
Can I just say that this movie scares the crap out of me? I'm watching it now and am to the scene where the 'monsters' set the trap for him and the dog gets infected. I'm about to have to fast forward...

A

allargon

Audioholic General
Can I just say that this movie scares the crap out of me? I'm watching it now and am to the scene where the 'monsters' set the trap for him and the dog gets infected. I'm about to have to fast forward...
Whaaa? This wasn't a scary movie. Check out El Orfanato in 7.1 surround for scary. I didn't like the alternate ending. I already knew based on what was told in the movie why the alpha dark seeker was trying so hard. I preferred the theatrical ending.

They did a poor job of conveying some of the ideas presented in this thread. The story of the movie wasn't very impressive. It had a ton of potential that was apparently "left on the table."

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis