mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
It might not change your life but it will change mine like crazy for now.

Yesterday has been a day of release for me. A day I had been waiting for so many years. For all the efforts I gave to get to this point... it finally lead somewhere: I've been hired and I will be working for the Montreal Police Force starting on monday.

As you guys might know, I'm quite young (23) and I finished my studies approx. 1 year ago. I've been working as a security agent in Ottawa since... applying here and there throughout the province. I've had 3 interviews before this one that lead to refusal. I was so stressed, scared that I wouldn't make it. But now my career finally starts... I will be living one of my dreams in no time! I've been making countless trips to Montreal in the past 3 weeks for exams and interviews and what not... (been thru a serious car accident as well :()

But that's not all. I presently live at my mom's (which is roughly 2.5 hours away from Montreal). So I'll have to move. That means:
- First time I move from the nest
- Adjust to a big city such as Monteral
- Adjust to living by myself for the first time (yes I was spoiled at home)
- Rush to find an appartment
- First time on my career job
- Gf stays here... we'll see each other only when I go back to Gatineau

All-in-all... my life will be changing a lot in the next few months. I hope all goes well.

Now onto the audio side of the story! As you might know (in my sig), my systems are all separated. Finally I will have MY room and MY living room... and I will finally be able to put that all together. So you might see me less here over the next few weeks but I'll be coming back to show you the room layout to determine best speaker placements and yes... I will take pictures!

I am very tired this morning (at work for my last day :D) cuz I've been partying all night! I'm very excited... Just wanted to share...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Congratulations!!! As you said, that must be a huge relief to finally have a dream realized. You've got some big changes coming, but I think that you'll like them. I lived away from home most of the time after I graduated from high school and started college, but my big move was when I graduated college and moved halfway across the country for my first professional job (also at the age of 23). A big change, but it went pretty well.

There will be some extra work getting a new foundation put in place, but you'll make new friends and have a new town to explore. Enjoy!

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
Congratsn Mouettus....great job..comes with great responsibilities...

good luck...:)

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Congrats Mo

Yesterday has been a day of release for me. A day I had been waiting for so many years. For all the efforts I gave to get to this point... it finally lead somewhere: I've been hired and I will be working for the Montreal Police Force starting on monday.

As you guys might know, I'm quite young (23) and I finished my studies approx. 1 year ago. I've been working as a security agent in Ottawa since... applying here and there throughout the province. I've had 3 interviews before this one that lead to refusal. I was so stressed, scared that I wouldn't make it. But now my career finally starts... I will be living one of my dreams in no time! I've been making countless trips to Montreal in the past 3 weeks for exams and interviews and what not... (been thru a serious car accident as well :()

But that's not all. I presently live at my mom's (which is roughly 2.5 hours away from Montreal). So I'll have to move. That means:

All-in-all... my life will be changing a lot in the next few months. I hope all goes well.

Now onto the audio side of the story! As you might know (in my sig), my systems are all separated. Finally I will have MY room and MY living room... and I will finally be able to put that all together. So you might see me less here over the next few weeks but I'll be coming back to show you the room layout to determine best speaker placements and yes... I will take pictures!

I am very tired this morning (at work for my last day :D) cuz I've been partying all night! I'm very excited... Just wanted to share...
I can recall having flown the coop a while back, wasn't so bad for me because a home cooked meal was only minutes away;). However I still remember the though of leaving home as an exciting challange and most of all the freedom which comes with it.

Enjoy it and remember baby steps, Bill:)

PS: FS is having some crazy sales on Energy speakers RC30's on sale for $499.99 & RC50's for $999.99 ordered the 30's yesterday and LCR and can't wait for their arrival.:D

B

Bluesmoke

Audioholic Chief
Congrats and good luck. This is absolute job security and the benefits are tremendous! I considered becoming a Cop a few years ago as well when I was 23-24. My main problem was motion sickness. I can't drive around too long without getting sick and nauseous.

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
Keep safe and good luck. Also thanks , even though i dont live there.

Peace,
Tommy

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord

This is great news my friend. Congrats to you!!!! Just goes to show you that hard work and dedication can often pay off. So, I guess we have a new Sheriff in town, eh? Sounds like things are really taking off for you.

Cheers,

Phil

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Congrats Mouettus,

Keep in mind when apartment shopping that HT, subwoofers in particular, and apartment living don't always play well together.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
Congratulations Mouettus!!!!

I remember how great it was to finally get my own place. It's very liberating... definitely makes you feel "grown up". Good luck on the police force- I'll be sure to behave myself from now on when I come up to Montreal :D.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I remember when I was accepted into the New York City Police Dept after 2 years of tests, and background checks.

Congratulations Mouettus

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
That is great.
I was there in May for a week, visiting my sister:D
Large city, lots of French signs everywhere:eek: :D
Lots of history and culture.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I remember when I was accepted into the New York City Police Dept...
Hmmm, I always suspected a connection between you and the law...just didn't think you were on that side of it.

:D Just kidding!

Mouettus, like others have said - stay safe, brother. A noble profession, and a very important one, for sure.

mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
Congrats Mouettus,

Keep in mind when apartment shopping that HT, subwoofers in particular, and apartment living don't always play well together.
Oh it's now that you tell me!? I just bought an 8 incher for my computer couple of days ago! :p

mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
sorry guys... but just like you... I love my homeland and I plan to stay here. Not that I don't like the states but the provice of Quebec is really where I belong. And I wouldn't see myself speaking english all my life :p. Montreal is just to get some experience to get back in the Ottawa region afterwards.

Life/job experience really kicks in in a metropolis. It opens up a lot of doors afterwards. Thanks for the links though.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
If your going to be a cop try & remember that the people you meet on the job are actually people,not animals,something most police ive met seem to have forgotten.

Congrats on the new job.

mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
If your going to be a cop try & remember that the people you meet on the job are actually people,not animals,something most police ive met seem to have forgotten.

Congrats on the new job.
Then you should come and meet Montreal policemen. Known for being courteous and polite all over the world. They have meetings all the time with LA, chicago, new york, london, paris police departments.

(I couldn't give you surveys but it came from the big bosse's lips (we met him yesterday... what an awesome man)! What if you had a job, but then the same job with a boss that is close to ppl, funny and always there for you, even if he's up high in the ladder.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis