HTPC surround sound not working with GeForce GTX 1050Ti

F

ftcnt

Audiophyte
I have the following setup

htpc--->switch---> tv (hdmi cable)

The switch is also connected to a 5.1 surround sound speaker system through a toslink cable

My motherboard is a asus prime z270a (https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/PRIME-Z270-A/)

I had the above outlined setup with a cheap videocard with no issues. I purchased the GeForce GTX1050Ti but cannot get the audio to play through the surround sound system. The sound will only work through the TV speakers.

I have installed the latest drivers for the video card but with no luck. When I connect the toslink cable directly from the motherboard to the surround sound, I can get surround sound however, I would like to use the switch as I have other devices.

Any advice would be appreciated.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I have the following setup

htpc--->switch---> tv (hdmi cable)

The switch is also connected to a 5.1 surround sound speaker system through a toslink cable

My motherboard is a asus prime z270a (https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/PRIME-Z270-A/)

I had the above outlined setup with a cheap videocard with no issues. I purchased the GeForce GTX1050Ti but cannot get the audio to play through the surround sound system. The sound will only work through the TV speakers.

I have installed the latest drivers for the video card but with no luck. When I connect the toslink cable directly from the motherboard to the surround sound, I can get surround sound however, I would like to use the switch as I have other devices.

Any advice would be appreciated.
I assume that you connected some sort of jumper to get the audio off the mobo and onto the video card? If not, then this may be your problem. I am not familiar with your video card, but I had to do this task that I described for my video card (If I remember, I think mine is MSI).

Also, did you set the default audio device in the control panel of the HTPC?

Finally, you didn't make it clear on what type of connection is between the HTPC and the switch.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I assume that you connected some sort of jumper to get the audio off the mobo and onto the video card? If not, then this may be your problem. I am not familiar with your video card, but I had to do this task that I described for my video card (If I remember, I think mine is MSI).

Also, did you set the default audio device in the control panel of the HTPC?

Finally, you didn't make it clear on what type of connection is between the HTPC and the switch.
Newer cards have HDMI audio support built in. He probably didn't select the audio output in the control panel properly.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis