V

vipergg

Audiophyte
Thinking about buying some HTD level 2 tower speakers. Anyone have any experience with this companies products and service. All the reviews I have read so far people really like their products. I will buying these for music mostly and movies.

Last edited:
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Thinking about buying some HTD level 2 tower speakers. Anyone have any experience with this companies products and service. All the reviews I have read so far people really like their products. I will buying these for music mostly and movies.
They are well designed and built, cabinets are braced and good
designed crossovers inside. They are good for music and movies,
with clean and overall balanced voicing > They have good detail
and are easy on the ears, for extended listening sessions. HTD
has done most of their business by word of mouth >> and have
been around for a long time. Their customer service is real good.

G

GFOViedo

Audioholic
I will be replacing my 7.1 set up next year once we buy our new home with HTD level 3. I've heard them in person, and they sound awesome :eek: for both movie and music. My friend has a 5.1 HTD level 3 set up.

I love my Monitor 70's with RW-12D. It sounds good, but the HTD sounds with much more detail and a bit more clear.

V

vipergg

Audiophyte
htd

Thanks for the input and the link, yeah I already listened to that review which puts them in a positive light. I guess I need to listen to a few towers, hard to believe you can get decent bass out of 5.5 inch woofers but its been a long time since I have bought speakers and currently own ones that have a 15 woofer in it though really good high end is more important or at least important as good bass. Mine is strictly a stereo setup. Do most of these towers have adequate bass without having to get a sub ? It certainly does not have to rumble the rafters like they listen to rap these days. I'm a classic rock guy and just want something that sounds really good. Pricepoint is hopefully $500 or less . I know that is the lower end on speakers but there seems to be a few out there that falls into this category . Any recomendations welcome..

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks for the input and the link, yeah I already listened to that review which puts them in a positive light. I guess I need to listen to a few towers, hard to believe you can get decent bass out of 5.5 inch woofers but its been a long time since I have bought speakers and currently own ones that have a 15 woofer in it though really good high end is more important or at least important as good bass. Mine is strictly a stereo setup. Do most of these towers have adequate bass without having to get a sub ? It certainly does not have to rumble the rafters like they listen to rap these days. I'm a classic rock guy and just want something that sounds really good. Pricepoint is hopefully $500 or less . I know that is the lower end on speakers but there seems to be a few out there that falls into this category . Any recomendations welcome..
The Level Three will give you more bass, and you can get by
with-out a sub. The Level Two towers will have decent bass
and can sound nice with Classic Rock >> however, they may
not have enough bass for you.

While I would prefer the HTD Level Two towers, over the Primus
speakers >> The Infinity 363/362 towers may be better for you,
if overall bass is most important.

Look here
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/deals-deals-deals/82801-infinity-primus-363-163-frys.html

V

vipergg

Audiophyte
htd

The Level Three will give you more bass, and you can get by
with-out a sub. The Level Two towers will have decent bass
and can sound nice with Classic Rock >> however, they may
not have enough bass for you.

While I would prefer the HTD Level Two towers, over the Primus
speakers >> The Infinity 363/362 towers may be better for you,
if overall bass is most important.

Funny you mention the P363 as that is one of the ones I have been looking at. That is an unbelievable price , unfortunetley we don't have a Fry's near us in upstate NY. The level 3's are very nice speakers but a little more than I want to spend.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Funny you mention the P363 as that is one of the ones I have been looking at. That is an unbelievable price , unfortunetley we don't have a Fry's near us in upstate NY. The level 3's are very nice speakers but a little more than I want to spend.
The Level Two is not a wimp - and they do have some bass.
Good Luck with your decision.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis