HT Room Layout Feedback

J

jnorred

Audiophyte
All,

Glad to be joining the audioholics community! I'm in the process of building out my first dedicated home theatre room and would appreciate any feedback you guys have to share... I have attached a tentative floor plan with layout. The room is pre-wired so i don't have a lot of options with my surrounds and rear-surrounds but i do need some help with subwoofer placement.

I went with the reference premiere line of Klipsch speakers and ended up with (2) of their ID giant coffee table subs. I was hoping to put both subs in front, but it would be a pretty tight fit especially with the door unfortunately opening into the room. Suggestions?

Attachments

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
All,

Glad to be joining the audioholics community! I'm in the process of building out my first dedicated home theatre room and would appreciate any feedback you guys have to share... I have attached a tentative floor plan with layout. The room is pre-wired so i don't have a lot of options with my surrounds and rear-surrounds but i do need some help with subwoofer placement.

I went with the reference premiere line of Klipsch speakers and ended up with (2) of their ID giant coffee table subs. I was hoping to put both subs in front, but it would be a pretty tight fit especially with the door unfortunately opening into the room. Suggestions?
You could try the subs on the insides of the towers. If you prefer the sound of the one in the front left corner, then try the other one in the rear right corner. Try both in the rear. Have you tried the crawl?

If it's not to late to return your subs, the Hsu VTF-3 MK5 would give you 6dB more output per sub for the same price. (Source: comparison of CEA-2010 data between R115-SW and VTF-3 MK5)

Last edited:
XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
Jnorred,

Before deciding on the ATMOS speaker placement, please update your diagram with the intended seating location.
- The ATMOS speakers should be placed in reference to the seating location to create the Dolby recommended angles, both in the horizontal and vertical, see this diagram.

This article (although a bit technical) will give you same ideas on seating and sub placement options.

Cheers,
XEagleDriver

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis