What's your opinion of the new VTF-3HO ?

• Love it, looks like a blown V8 engine!

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Still pending, can't decide. Waiting on Craig's shootout.

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • Wife would leave me regardless of what I thought, not an option.

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Hate it, belongs in a bathroom or next to a washing machine.

Votes: 22 33.8%

• Total voters
Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
What is your opinion on the LOOK of the new VTF-3HO?

K

---k---

Junior Audioholic
I'm not crazy about it the enclosure apperance, but I like what I've seen in the appearance of the turbo graphs. :)

But, I'm told that it looks better in person.

To me, I could stomach it better if the sub was black, and the turbo had a grill cover. I also wonder what if the ports would have come out the top, and then the turbo was the full legth and width of the top, and no round tube out the back.

Edit: you got poll options now. I'm in between Hate and Not Sure. I don't like it, but I wouldn't say "hate".

majorloser

majorloser

Not really freaky about the color of the one in the picture. I would rather have a rosewood model.

If they made the turbo pipes out of carbon fiber it would look like a top fuel engine intake. :D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Wow, the first option is word for word with my description of it :D

SheepStar

K

kgb540

Audioholic
Hopefully it does look MUCH better in person because that attention to detail is horrid in the picture. I wouldnt buy the Turbo version on the looks of it alone. It's like the guys at HSU are pushing a product out to the public for sale that has the old "ahhh.............its close enough" look. Dont get me wrong, I am certainly a fan of HSU subs and have owned several over the years, but this looks almost like a joke. Its performace is no joke apparently, but the looks...............................yikes.

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
Compared to SVS cylinders...what's the big deal. If I brought another sub home my wife would kill me. I've got my eye on the DD15 in cherry...:)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
voted option 4 ... it has aesthetic points in the -10,000

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
Here is one sitting next to a PB12-Ultra ... this is more of what the in room view will be.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
In a home theater two of those up front would look cool depending on the rest of the decor.

I've got it! Carbonfiber or brushed aluminum tubes and a blue "ghost" flame job on black metallic.:D would be awsome in a car themed room.:cool:

I wonder how functional injector hat butterfly flaps would be...:rolleyes:

One plus to the Hsu...If someone puts a drink on it and it spills atleast the electronics sould be blocked from the liquid...

SBF1

shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
craigsub said:
Here is one sitting next to a PB12-Ultra ... this is more of what the in room view will be.

HSU looks mean but the SVS looks darn nice.

R

RMK!

A Ho by any other name

K's idea of a grill cover for the turbo is a good one. But compared to those carpeted water heater subs, it's quite nice looking;)

Wid

Wid

Audioholic
I like it but when I had my daughter look at it she said it looks like a cloths washer :eek:

B

bandit

Audioholic
Personally I think it looks like a mad science project. Or at best a funky kludge. I am sure my three year old would ask how he rides it. (and if I'll put the quarters in)

shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
RMK! said:
K's idea of a grill cover for the turbo is a good one. But compared to those carpeted water heater subs, it's quite nice looking;)
But that water heater sure gets high marks for the WOW! factor and a lot of what the hell is that?

P

Peter Marcks

Banned
Please keep in mind that turbocharger is not required, and it also is extremely easy to remove and simply slides out. The VTF-HO subwoofers have ~22" end-table height, and a relatively slim profile too.

In the world of very large and tall cylindrical subwoofers and very large and heavy box subwoofers, I thought it would be nice to see an optional performance-enhancing option that happens to be much better from a performance perspective versus plugging a port to lower port tuning, and yet does not compromise floorspace!

Sincerely,

Last edited:
R

RMK!

shokhead said:
But that water heater sure gets high marks for the WOW! factor and a lot of what the hell is that?

I'm sure they do, especially impressive to those who are envious of in-door plumbing:D

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
When the lights are down and the movie is playing...I could almost care less how it looks!

95% performance and 5% astetics.

For me its mostly about performance...If it looks good, then thats a bonus!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis