How to get speaker to "stick" to stand

D

Degroove

Audiophyte
Greetings:

I recently purchased a speaker stand pair of non-adjustable height SW Series Speaker Stands. I also recently purchased a pair of Atom V. 5. I am using the Atom as the rear surrounds. The speaker stands themselves are solid secure. My concern is how to get the surrounds to "stick" to my speaker stands?

My speaker stand top plate dimensions are: 5.75" x 5.75"

My spearker dimensions are: 6.5" x 10&1/8"

My speaker height is 11 inches.

I just realized that I did not place the four mouting pads (adere to the speaker stand mounting surface) not the speaker.

I have not tried to put the speakers on using the pads, but it still seems like a precarious means of keeping my speakers in place.

Any advices? Would velcro work? I know it does with effect pedals. Are there specific products I should check out?

Thanks,

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Greetings:

I recently purchased a speaker stand pair of non-adjustable height SW Series Speaker Stands. I also recently purchased a pair of Atom V. 5. I am using the Atom as the rear surrounds. The speaker stands themselves are solid secure. My concern is how to get the surrounds to "stick" to my speaker stands?

My speaker stand top plate dimensions are: 5.75" x 5.75"

My spearker dimensions are: 6.5" x 10&1/8"

My speaker height is 11 inches.

I just realized that I did not place the four mouting pads (adere to the speaker stand mounting surface) not the speaker.

I have not tried to put the speakers on using the pads, but it still seems like a precarious means of keeping my speakers in place.

Any advices? Would velcro work? I know it does with effect pedals. Are there specific products I should check out?

Thanks,
Velcro! Otherwise will have to get into the speakers and use captive nuts to bolt to the stands

D

Degroove

Audiophyte
Thank you for that response. I do not have kids, but I would rate my clumsiness to that of five kids. I also play in the basement area with my Boston Terrier who can really run a muck for a 20+ pound midget of a dog.

I felt that the stands had a great base and looked sturdy. The only concern was the way to get it to stick without drilling or screwing into my beautiful new speakers.

Today I will get some velcro!

brijenjas

brijenjas

Audiophyte
I would use Blu Tack instead of velcro;

ww.blutack.com

ww.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=BTTACK

(had to remove a w due to not enough posts for adding links;))

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
Blutack is a good idea. I was going to suggest museum wax or museum gel, it's similar product to blutack.

http://www.sculpt.com/catalog_98/finishing/Museum_Putty.htm
I haven't used this brand above, but it's all pretty similar.

Essentially it's reusable jelly or wax, often comes in something like a 35mm film canister, pull out a few small pieces, roll each into a ball and put at each corner of the speaker, press down to smash the wax balls thin. Velcro would work, but then there'd be a big gap underneath the speaker and the stand. I use museum wax to hold down several pieces of blown glass fine art that I have in my house. With museum wax, you can pull the stuck down object up easiest by twisting it free. You still could knock something over, but it'd take a lot more of an impact to do it. If you ever need a quick fix, use dental wax like for braces, and that's available everywhere and is cheap. It doesn't work quite as well as museum wax, but does pretty good for less money.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The simplest thing that I've used is that foam cubpboard/drawer liner stuff. Cut a peice to size and it keeps speakers from moving fairly well. No mess, no drying out, no damage to the speaker.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis