How to clean glossy Samsung screen?

55katest55

Audioholic
I have an ultra glossy (or whatever theyre calling it now) screen on my Samsung LN52B750 and i have no idea at all of what type of cloth to use or what type of solution to use. Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hi. After checking out the Samsung site, I came across this answer to your question. Long story short - they recommend using the supplied cleaning cloth for regular cleaning and using Monster ScreenClean for fingerprints and grease. After reading reviews on Amazon for ScreenClean, I'd hesitate to use it.

I've used Radtech ScreenSavrz cloths on my two MacBooks (first one since 2006) and have been very happy with them - they aren't expensive and mine show no signs of wearing out. They also make a cleaning solution that I've never used. I'd also consider using an eyeglass cleaning cloth if you have one around.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I'm currently using OptiMist Prime by ShaggyMac was using ScreenClean but it left a ton of streaks which had the appearance of a oily film if look at an angle with the TV on.

P

Parrot_HD

Enthusiast
For both my Pioneer Kuro and Samsung 7000, I have a dedicated Swiffer duster for the screens only.

I've read mixed reviews on nearly all cleaning solutions so instead I have dedicated microfibers for fingerprints and smudges.

If it doesn't come off easily with microfiber alone, I fog the mark with my breath and go over with the micro fiber again. Clean fresh breath recommended.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Hi. After checking out the Samsung site, I came across this answer to your question. Long story short - they recommend using the supplied cleaning cloth for regular cleaning and using Monster ScreenClean for fingerprints and grease. After reading reviews on Amazon for ScreenClean, I'd hesitate to use it.

I've used Radtech ScreenSavrz cloths on my two MacBooks (first one since 2006) and have been very happy with them - they aren't expensive and mine show no signs of wearing out. They also make a cleaning solution that I've never used. I'd also consider using an eyeglass cleaning cloth if you have one around.
I use the little blue cloth that came with my Samsung and it doesn't do ****! I use the cloth and a little bit of water. I rub and rub and rub and the smudges never seem to go away completely. Waste of time. :mad:

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I used Sparkle cleaner on my plasma and it worked well. If it is a glass front, then any glass cleaner really is okay, but a electronics friendly cleaner is a better way to go with any microfiber cloth.

Monoprice has stuff for under $2.00

For only $1.14 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Universal Screen Cleaner (Large Bottle) for LCD & Plasmas TV, iPads, iPhones, Galaxy Tabs, and smartphones | Cleaning Kits for LCD/Plasma TV & Monitor

The one rule you want to follow: Spray onto the cleaning cloth, not onto the screen. Moisture can run down the screen and get back into the electronics which is potentially fatal to a display. So spray to the cleaning cloth only, then use the cloth to clean your display.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I use the monoprice stuff. It works just fine for me :)

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
A soft duster and old T's worked fine for me. I had a couple of softer fabric ones dedicated for the TV.

Step 1: Lightly dust to get the big stuff off.
Step 2: T#1 very slightly damp to moisten the surface and grab static cling dust
Step 3: T#2 to ever so lightly "polish" the glass

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Swifer. Gets the dust extremely well and leaves no marks. I pretty much never touch my TV, so there are no smudges or fingerprints.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Swiffer or Pledge dusters as well, dedicated to only my laptops and my Kuro, I have never had smudges just the usual dust that gathers on every screen every where.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis