How to Bi wire NHT 2.5's

Thirsty93

Thirsty93

Audioholic
I just picked up another NHT SA-2 sub amp for my system.I was wanting to bi amp my 2.5's.Would I be able to do this with just 1 amp are am I better off with 2?

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
To help me better understand, do you really want to bi-wire or do you want to bi-amp?

radridd

radridd

Audioholic
If you loosen the dual speaker jacks there are 2 bridging strips between the top and bottom terminals. Remove them and hook the low pass amp to the bottom terminals/subs and the mid/high amp to the top terminals. I am running mine passive, with my receiver power running the mids/tweeters and an Adcom 100x2 on the subs. I have a scan of the instructions but can't upload the attachment. PM me your email address and I will send it to you.

CraigV

CraigV

Audioholic General
Bi-wiring can be done with one amp. Bi-amping requires two amps, one for the lower frequencies, one for the upper. Some receivers allow the user to bi-amp using the rear surround terminals for the extra amplifier, limiting the user to a 5.1 setup. Otherwise, an outboard amp is necessary.

The more ba11s the amp has, the better for the woofers.

Thirsty93

Thirsty93

Audioholic
So I guess my ideal set up would be to run 2 sa-2 amps 1 for each speaker?i have my manual and it has a couple different ways to do it.i also says that you can run the speakers of of just one amp.I'm new to this bi amping stuff so please bear with me.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Where would I find the wires for this?
Wires to bi-amp? You can use regular (two-conductor) speaker wire. You'd just run two sets of wires to each speaker, that's all. So, you probably already have that around the house.

You can also get four-conductor wire for bi-amping and bi-wiring. It's pretty. :) P-Dawg got some that he liked from here (and his original thread on that is here).

Thirsty93

Thirsty93

Audioholic
I not sure what i want to do yet,I found a NHT sa-2 amp on ebay for 140.00 that should be here tuesday.I mite take my other sa-2 that powers my sw2pi and bi amp my 2.5's.Then try and find another amp for the sub.I only have one pre out on my reciever for the sub, How the heck do you get everything hooked up?

H

Highbar

Senior Audioholic
Do you have a dedicated sub or are you trying to use the subs in the towers as the only subs? If you have a dedicated sub I would just run the subs in the towers as part of the front channels and leave the sub duties to your sub. You could run your crossover down to 60Hz maybe even 40Hz that way and your sub would just be producing the really low bass. If you want to use the subs in the towers as your subs you just need a simple y adapter for your sub out so you can run the signal to two amps.

Thirsty93

Thirsty93

Audioholic
If I use my B&K to power the mid and highs of my 2.5's,remove the jumpers and use a SA-2 sub amp on each one of the woofers,how do I tie all this in to my receiver?I only have 1 pre amp slot?

Thirsty93

Thirsty93

Audioholic
How would you guys run 2 sets of speakers into 1 amp?it say's in the nht manual to run both set's of woofer's into the the pos and neg of the sa 2 .How do you put 2 positives and 2 negatives into 1 set of pos and negs?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis