How good or bad are the Lava brand subs

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
Budget?

Room size? Including areas its open up to if any!

A

asere

Audioholic
Budget?

Room size? Including areas its open up to if any!
The family room size like 16x18 but its open to the kitchen which I dont know if I have to measure family room with kitchen or just family room. Budget around 400 and needs to have a low 20hz frequency response.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
The family room size like 16x18 but its open to the kitchen which I dont know if I have to measure family room with kitchen or just family room. Budget around 400 and needs to have a low 20hz frequency response.
you need to measure both and add it up, but by approx volume and budget the only they to hope to pressurize it and hit 20hz at 400 budget is to go diy

if you give up on 20 and be ok with about 25hz - PA-150 you could get it for $350 shipped - Premier Acoustic PA-150 1000 Watt Powered Subwoo

use name your price button

I'd also ask Cadence if they are willing to sell you their 15" sub for your budget
CSX15 Mark II - Cadence Sound Store

they have been on sale for 400 not long ago

A

asere

Audioholic
you need to measure both and add it up, but by approx volume and budget the only they to hope to pressurize it and hit 20hz at 400 budget is to go diy

if you give up on 20 and be ok with about 25hz - PA-150 you could get it for $350 shipped - Premier Acoustic PA-150 1000 Watt Powered Subwoo

use name your price button

I'd also ask Cadence if they are willing to sell you their 15" sub for your budget
CSX15 Mark II - Cadence Sound Store

they have been on sale for 400 not long ago
Are the Cadence and PA a good brand?

Last edited:
A

anthonywoy

Enthusiast
I would stretch at least to the HSU VTF-1, which will only up your budget $100.
Or the next one up if you are able to (VTF2-MK4). If your room opens up the kitchen, you have to count that as well (You have a lot to pressurize). You don't have to go crazy, but you will probably be happier in the long run if you stretch the budget just a little bit :)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I would stretch at least to the HSU VTF-1, which will only up your budget $100.
Or the next one up if you are able to (VTF2-MK4). If your room opens up the kitchen, you have to count that as well (You have a lot to pressurize). You don't have to go crazy, but you will probably be happier in the long run if you stretch the budget just a little bit :)
You are correct regarding OP has a lot of room to pressurize, however neither HSU sub you mentioned will be able to achieve that.

Outlaw LFM-1 EX would - unfortunately OP missed on recently ended sale - it was $550 delivered, but even at $650 it's still a good buy...

SVS makes one of best subs around - but even their lower end model - PB12-NSD - which buy the way could be just enough for your room, is almost double your budget.

Both subs models I mentioned above would work and would tons of improvement over your existing sub

A

asere

Audioholic
I walked into Best Buy the other day and while I was there I went inside their Magnolia show room just to kill time. While I was there I auditioned the Definitive Tech sub and the Martin Logan and I tell you they did not sound good at all. The subs sounded boomy and distorted. Subs like Hsu, Rythmik, or SVS should sound better than Best Buys right?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I walked into Best Buy the other day and while I was there I went inside their Magnolia show room just to kill time. While I was there I auditioned the Definitive Tech sub and the Martin Logan and I tell you they did not sound good at all. The subs sounded boomy and distorted. Subs like Hsu, Rythmik, or SVS should sound better than Best Buys right?
Best buy is pushing crap. I'm not surprised you probably a) heard low end models and b) right on open floor where no sub have a chance to play right (well except this one :D Tuba 60)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis