How do I hook up an equalizer to a gemini xga 4000!?

M

maq1919

Enthusiast
I have a behringer mini eq i want to know how to hook it into a gemini xga 4000 Iv'e tried it with my other stuff but I cant get the ########## thing to work! what do i need to make it work can I hook it up to this amp? I want to know from someone who has used this particular amp.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
You connect the output of the eq to the input of the amp. Simple as that.

I can't find any info on that eq but that amp is a simple as they come. Crappy, but simple.

Dude, no offense, but if that tutorial I posted in one of your other two equalizer threads didn't give you enough to figure out how to connect an equalizer, I doubt anyone can help you.

The basics are the same for all equipment.

"To insert an equalizer or similar in-line processing device, one needs to insert it somewhere in the circuit path. You must break the circuit, send the signal out to the device, and then return it into the circuit exactly where it left it."

We can explain it to you but we can't understand it for you.

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I have a behringer mini eq i want to know how to hook it into a gemini xga 4000 Iv'e tried it with my other stuff but I cant get the ########## thing to work! what do i need to make it work can I hook it up to this amp? I want to know from someone who has used this particular amp.
What are you driving the power amp with.

To use an equalizer with the Gemini you need a preamp or mixer ahead of the equalizer.

Here is a diagram to help you.

On the right is a mixer, it could also be a pre amp. You connect the outputs to your minEq.

This diagram shows powered speakers, but the output from the mini Eq would go to your Gemini power amp and then the amp is connected to your speakers.

Its that simple and we don't need more posts.

If you can't figure it out now, audio equipment is now for you.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis