How adjust My center Channel speaker?

Vallenato

Vallenato

Audioholic Intern
I have On my Home theater: Mains (Pinnacle 92 db Sensibility), rears Klipsch: 90 db sensibility and center JLB 87 db sensibility..Always I am hearing the Voices and sound from My Center Channel too low than others speakers. And Always I need to adjust the Volume from My Center Channel speaker to +3.0 db.
On This Scenario: I need to buy better Center Channel speaker around 90-92 db to get more volume from my center channel? Or Is Correct to do adjusting always on my center Channel speaker?
other Question: If My center Speaker is 87 db when I have adjusted the volume to +3.0 db the result is I have One Center Speakers with 90 db of sensibility? 87+3.0 = 90 db?
thanks in advance:)

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
First thing I would recommend is to buy a matching Pinnacle center.

Next I would ask, what is the source?

TV show not broadcast in surround should be set to a MOVIE surround setting on the receiver.

DVD player may have further level adjustments.

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
First thing I would recommend is to buy a matching Pinnacle center.

Next I would ask, what is the source?

TV show not broadcast in surround should be set to a MOVIE surround setting on the receiver.

DVD player may have further level adjustments.
Zumbo is giving you great advice.

First step though have you set you speakers sound levels at all? Either with an automatic set-up like Audessey or a manual set-up using an SPL meter ?

Or have you tried just increasing the dB level of the center speaker?

The second steps, follow what Zumbo has outlined. The center speaker is the primary speaker for DVD/BD movie and TV dialog. In order to maintain timbre (seamless front sound) the center should be matched with the front speakers.

Good Luck!

Forest Man

Vallenato

Vallenato

Audioholic Intern
Next I would ask, what is the source?.
I am hearing more low volumen from my center speakers on DVD movies than Over to air Local Channels 5.1 sound(news and movies)

First step though have you set you speakers sound levels at all? Either with an automatic set-up like Audessey or a manual set-up using an SPL meter ?Or have you tried just increasing the dB level of the center speaker?
I have not tried Manual set-up using an SPL meter yet. Audessey is not on my receiver

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
I I have not tried Manual set-up using an SPL meter yet. Audessey is not on my receiver
Manual set-up works very well. You can buy an SPL meter from Radio Shack for about $50 - either digital or analog. If you set at you normal listening point you can set the SPL level equal for all speakers; I have found 85 dB works well.

You could also just increase the level of you center speaker to see if that helps. And you are correct that the sound level of BD versus TV varies on the center speakers; I have heard similar findings.

Good Luck!

Forest Man

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
I have not tried Manual set-up using an SPL meter yet. Audessey is not on my receiver
SPL meters are great: but if your ears are telling you "it's too loud", a manual adjustment without the meter would be a start.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I have On my Home theater: Mains (Pinnacle 92 db Sensibility), rears Klipsch: 90 db sensibility and center JLB 87 db sensibility..Always I am hearing the Voices and sound from My Center Channel too low than others speakers. And Always I need to adjust the Volume from My Center Channel speaker to +3.0 db.
On This Scenario: I need to buy better Center Channel speaker around 90-92 db to get more volume from my center channel? Or Is Correct to do adjusting always on my center Channel speaker?
other Question: If My center Speaker is 87 db when I have adjusted the volume to +3.0 db the result is I have One Center Speakers with 90 db of sensibility? 87+3.0 = 90 db?
thanks in advance:)
What receiver are you using? he menu should have a way to adjust the level of all of your speaker channels.

Vallenato

Vallenato

Audioholic Intern
What receiver are you using? he menu should have a way to adjust the level of all of your speaker channels.
I have A/V receiver Yamaha RX-V630..According to the manual information I can adjust each speaker in Manual; also according to your answers Maybe I do not need to $ spend $ to buy Center speaker Pinnacle maybe 100-200 dls just to match with my Mains speakers:rolleyes:.. The sound from My JLB SC 305 speaker ( got in garage sale for $15 dls) is Fine I do not hearing anything "Unmatch" sound. The Only Problem that I have detected is the Low Volume on DVD's Movies.
Thanks everybody:)

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I have A/V receiver Yamaha RX-V630..According to the manual information I can adjust each speaker in Manual; also according to your answers Maybe I do not need to $ spend $ to buy Center speaker Pinnacle maybe 100-200 dls just to match with my Mains speakers:rolleyes:.. The sound from My JLB SC 305 speaker ( got in garage sale for $15 dls) is Fine I do not hearing anything "Unmatch" sound. The Only Problem that I have detected is the Low Volume on DVD's Movies.
Thanks everybody:)
It's usually best to have all one model for the front speakers, at least. If you can have 5 (or 7) of the same, it will sound more consistent as the sounds come from various positions but this is more of an ideal. As far as the sound not matching when you listen to the main and center speakers- you would need to place them next to each other and switch between them- you'll always hear a difference when two brands are combined unless they sound the same by coincidence. The center channel speaker is less sensitive and has a different frequency balance, making it sound I would guess that the difference is causing the problem, even when you raise the volume 3dB. If you had the Pinnacle center channel speaker that matches, it should sound better because it's a better match.

J

Joe O.

Audiophyte
Low center channel volume boosted with small preamp

I just wanted to let you know how I'm using this Technolink TC-780LC Stereo Line Level Amp / Booster on Amazon for $50 that I just bought. I had adjusted my receiver and Blu-ray player so that the center channel is all the way up in volume and the front and right speakers are adjusted down, but I've still always had trouble hearing the dialog in movies. When I would turn up the volume for dialog, then explosions or other loud scenes would be too loud coming from the right and left speakers. I have a Panasonic Blu-ray player with individual channel outputs - 1 RCA cable for the center channel, 1 for the right, 1 for the left, etc. I don't have an HDMI input on my older receiver. Many Blu-ray players do not have this feature, so if you don't, then this won't work for you. Now, I have the center channel from the Blu-ray player going to this little preamp, and the output of the preamp going to the 6-channel direct inputs on my Harman/Kardon receiver. The other channels are connected from the outputs of the Blu-ray player directly to the 6-channel direct inputs on the receiver. Now, I am able to turn up and adjust the center channel volume and still keep the volume low enough on the receiver so that the left and right speakers aren't too loud during action scenes.

E

exlabdriver

The placement of my horizontal CC (MTM) is on the lowest shelf just inches above the floor due to space limitations above. It is pointed up towards the listening area & because it is an Axiom VP100, the cabinet is shaped in a way that easily allows tilting up or down, or when flipped over, flat.

I set up my HT with Audyssey in my Denon AVR and for the most part it works very well. Room interactions can be detrimental; however, I believe that there are poor mixes in some movies that are causing dialogue to be recessed. Dramatic sonic special effects seem to be taking priority over dialogue and are sometimes overpowering the all important voice output.

I hope that this trend reverses somewhat...

TAM

J

Jimz711

Full Audioholic
I'm often blow away by how loud the effects are in some movies, especially certain blue ray movies. Sometimes I turn off all speakers but the center and I'm still afraid I'm going to get arrested when I turn the volume loud enough to hear the dialog. Then I use passthrough to use just my tv speakers, and I cannot hear the dialog through my TV speakers even at max volume.

Stanton

Stanton

Audioholics Contributing Writer
I just wanted to let you know how I'm using this Technolink TC-780LC Stereo Line Level Amp / Booster on Amazon for $50 that I just bought. I had adjusted my receiver and Blu-ray player so that the center channel is all the way up in volume and the front and right speakers are adjusted down, but I've still always had trouble hearing the dialog in movies.
If you need to externally amplify a single channel for your receiver to balance sound levels, you would do better to invest that money in a NEW receiver. Most receivers have a built-in pink noise generator to balance 5.1 speaker levels (with an SPL meter). Lacking that, you could use something like Video Essentials or even some THX disks.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis