N

newaudiofile

Audioholic
"tush is like the pistons on a Ferrari."

-I had like to give that kind of compliment to my wife. That is hot. Well she is hot but she will not get the full impact of the compliment. Its just a guys way of thinking. Oh if only it was a perfect world. :cool:;)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
The next episode looks promising, very different. Doesn't air until March 30th though, they're repeating joy next week.

SheepStar

C

ChunkyDark

Full Audioholic
I just watched a couple of episodes of "A Bit of Fry and Laurie" last night. It was really odd seeing House speaking in his English accent and being so silly.
If your a fan of Hugh Laurie it's worth adding to your netflix. It's silly and irreverent and perfect escapism.

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
Just got around to this thread and reading the OP comments about House and Scrubs (I love to watch both) I have worked in a hospital fr the last 22 years. (20 in Pathology and the last 2 in the Cathlab) I can say that I like the technical aspects of House and the bizarre way his team comes with their conclusions. But if you really want to see how the staff are at a hospital watch Scubs. Out of all the medical shows that have ever been on, Scubs is far and away the best reprensentation of how a staff acts and behaves in a healthcare setting. All the way from the Doctors who think they are God to the janitor who hates everyone and thinks he should be as important as the nurses and doctors. I crack out laughing at every episode only because it so true.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Just got around to this thread and reading the OP comments about House and Scrubs (I love to watch both) I have worked in a hospital fr the last 22 years. (20 in Pathology and the last 2 in the Cathlab) I can say that I like the technical aspects of House and the bizarre way his team comes with their conclusions. But if you really want to see how the staff are at a hospital watch Scubs. Out of all the medical shows that have ever been on, Scubs is far and away the best reprensentation of how a staff acts and behaves in a healthcare setting. All the way from the Doctors who think they are God to the janitor who hates everyone and thinks he should be as important as the nurses and doctors. I crack out laughing at every episode only because it so true.
"If I find a penny in there...."

The problem with scrubs, is they ran out of personal stories to go along with the medical part. House is largely medical, with just a taste of personal. Should help it last longer, and stay fresh.

SheepStar

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i have a question sheep (or other house experts)

i was able to catch an episode on tv of house ...
it's the one where this painter (who couldn't sell any of his paintings) was guinea pigging for various medicines.

house had a private investigator dig up stuff about his colleagues

one of the doctors's wife had a "secret" bank account, the wife said it was for a surprise gift (car). but at the end of the episode that doctor guy told his wife they needed to talk.

why? was the wife really doing some hanky panky thing?

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
Mike, Chris Taub (the bald haired short doctor) used to be a plastic surgeon and make tons of money, when he switched to general medicine and work for House, he makes a fraction of what he once made. he said he needed to talk to his wife, to come clean and tell her that they needed to cut back on spending because he was going poor very fast (his wife didn't know he makes alot less money). His wife is a shopoholic. Hence why he needed to talk to her, because of his switch to general medicine they could no longer afford luxery sports cars (like the one his wife was saving for).

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Mike, Chris Taub (the bald haired short doctor) used to be a plastic surgeon and make tons of money, when he switched to general medicine and work for House, he makes a fraction of what he once made. he said he needed to talk to his wife, to come clean and tell her that they needed to cut back on spending because he was going poor very fast (his wife didn't know he makes alot less money). His wife is a shopoholic. Hence why he needed to talk to her, because of his switch to general medicine they could no longer afford luxery sports cars (like the one his wife was saving for).
Didn't he also tell her about the affair? I'm pretty sure thats the main thing he told her.

Anyone ready for the Season Finale? Amber the killer!

SheepStar

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
Sheep, his wife was already aware of the affair, hence why he had to leave the world of plastic surgery. Then he started to work for house, and make far less money, hence why he needed to talk to his wife about not spending so much. His wife had bee aware of the affair long before Taub worked for House.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Sheep, his wife was already aware of the affair, hence why he had to leave the world of plastic surgery. Then he started to work for house, and make far less money, hence why he needed to talk to his wife about not spending so much. His wife had bee aware of the affair long before Taub worked for House.
Waaaa..... noo. I remember house ribbing him for not having told her. I'm going to have to re-watch some eps to see.

SheepStar

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Promo's are out in full Force!

BTW, Season 5 came out on DVD today.

SheepStar

Last edited by a moderator:
Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Herold Sun said:
Hawk-eyed viewers may have noticed the good doctor (played by Hugh Laurie), unwinds at home with a state-of-the-art stereo system.

Not a trendy surround-sound or an MP3 player, but a swank system comprising an American-made Sota Cosmos belt-drive turntable, Bella Luna speakers built by Dueval in Germany, and US-made Thor Audio valve amplifiers.
This is illogical, they should have Behringer, Yamaha, and B&W 802Ds being marketed, not this flakey "audiophile" stuff. House is supposed to be highly objective.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i've watched seasons 1-4 straight and the first few episodes of season 5 :)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
This is illogical, they should have Behringer, Yamaha, and B&W 802Ds being marketed, not this flakey "audiophile" stuff. House is supposed to be highly objective.
I guess those companies paid more for the ad placements:D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
1 Week away folks!

Mike, Nice work. I remember going season 1-3 in a couple days. Wasn't all that productive in those couple days.

SheepStar

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
1 Week away folks!

Mike, Nice work. I remember going season 1-3 in a couple days. Wasn't all that productive in those couple days.

SheepStar
perfect timing too ... right when the EPs i'm watching all come out this month

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
Nobody is talking about the 2 hour Season Premier ??!!! I found it to be some of the best TV I have seen a very long time. Will be interesting to see how things will be now.

R

redass

Junior Audioholic
Interesting... I thought the 2 hour episode was... meh. sure, I enjoyed him jerking around the crazy people, but there was really not much going on.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis