Home theatre upgrades?

D

diwit

Audioholic Intern
Curious if there is any logical reason to upgrade either my projector, or receiver. If so, which one first.

Currently have an epson tw5600 1080, I sit about 3.5m back from a 100" screen. Don't really want to sit any closer.

I have a Yamaha 2077 receiver. Does atmos, powerful amp. No DTS:X, no hdcp 2.2.

1) If I don't upgrade my projector to 4k is there any point (besides I want or this would be nice) any real reason to upgrade my receiver to a newer yamaha or denon that has hdcp 2.2, DTS:X, HDR, DOLBY VISION, ETC?

2) I know with a 4k projector comes other upgrades like HDR, above the 4k. Is there a big difference in viewing if I am going to stay at 3.5m from the screen?

Its almost a catch 22. If I upgrade my amp, I may get some better sound? And it would be future proof, but I wouldn't get any other visual benefits.

If I upgrade my projector, I dont get any visual or audio benefits because my amp doesn't have hdcp 2.2?

If I was to have a MKV or iso media file, that was 4k, would it still be encrypted with the hdcp 2.2?

Or would it play through my current amp and pass through to a 4k projector?

D

diwit

Audioholic Intern
Curious if there is any logical reason to upgrade either my projector, or receiver. If so, which one first.

Currently have an epson tw5600 1080, I sit about 3.5m back from a 100" screen. Don't really want to sit any closer.

I have a Yamaha 2077 receiver. Does atmos, powerful amp. No DTS:X, no hdcp 2.2.

1) If I don't upgrade my projector to 4k is there any point (besides I want or this would be nice) any real reason to upgrade my receiver to a newer yamaha or denon that has hdcp 2.2, DTS:X, HDR, DOLBY VISION, ETC?

2) I know with a 4k projector comes other upgrades like HDR, above the 4k. Is there a big difference in viewing if I am going to stay at 3.5m from the screen?

Its almost a catch 22. If I upgrade my amp, I may get some better sound? And it would be future proof, but I wouldn't get any other visual benefits.

If I upgrade my projector, I dont get any visual or audio benefits because my amp doesn't have hdcp 2.2?

If I was to have a MKV or iso media file, that was 4k and Home Theatre Installation Parker Colorado, would it still be encrypted with the hdcp 2.2?

Or would it play through my current amp and pass through to a 4k projector?
thanks in advance for any help help

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I also have an Epson PJ and Yamaha AVP/AMP. Good choice on brands. :D

I would say a bright 4K Laser PJ like the Epson LS12000 would make a bigger difference.

Then wait for Yamaha to release the CX-5300/MX-5300. Or get their 2nd generation AVR like the RX-A6B. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis