Home theatre output power rating

V

Vincent Shum

Audiophyte
Hi,
One question, anyone knows that Home Theatre output power is measured by per channal and plus as a total.
ex. 5.1 ch system,
100Wx5+150W=650W total

Anyone can comment the measurement is reasonable or not, but it seems market rating.

Vincent

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Huh?.............
Hi,
One question, anyone knows that Home Theatre output power is measured by per channal and plus as a total.
ex. 5.1 ch system,
100Wx5+150W=650W total

Anyone can comment the measurement is reasonable or not, but it seems market rating.

Vincent

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum, Vincent!

Huh?.............
I think that this is related to the whole all-channels driven topic and/or the RMS versus peak issue. Well, and the issue of what impedance was used.

Vincent, there's a lot of info around this site on that. I'd put up some links, but I'm just too tired right now. :) Honestly, sorry about that. Maybe I'll get some for you.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Here is some light reading on the subject.
Welcome to the forum, Vincent!

I think that this is related to the whole all-channels driven topic and/or the RMS versus peak issue. Well, and the issue of what impedance was used.

Vincent, there's a lot of info around this site on that. I'd put up some links, but I'm just too tired right now. :) Honestly, sorry about that. Maybe I'll get some for you.

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
Whatever you do - if you see a system rated in PMPO watts avoid it like it has a flesh eating staph infection. :eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis