Home Theater Settings for Dummies after the Cables are all in place

S

Schokobub

Audiophyte
Hi i am trying to complete a Home Theater Setup after all Cables in Place but i don't understand the settings displayed on the Screen because all but the Sound is working.
TV Sharp Aquos Quattron 3D Flat Panel LC 60Z5
Blue Ray Panasonic DMP-80T110 3D Full HD
Amp. Onkyo TX NA 609 (maybe TX NR 609 in US)
SUB . JBL ES 150P/100
Build in the Wall Speaker (5 round Speaker) JBL
CBL/Sat . Panasonic TZ LS 300 P (maybe only for Japan)only HDMI
I connected all HDMI Cables and the Speaker Cables (no mistake with red and White )and Sub only one for LFE and in the left hole .I have all the Sound from the TV or the Blue ray through the TV speaker and all the Video and Cable Pictures but no Sound from the Receiver .RIHD is set and i can't understand the Setup settings from the onkyo but i had all the sound when i first connected all but after some new arrangements and many Remote controller Shuffelling i lost the Sound somewhere.
The Amp has good room and no overheat and all other components are looking fine too.
Hope somebody has some Idea how to help before i have to call for the onkyo servicemen which will cost 100-200 $.
Thanks for your help

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
how do you have everything hooked up? do you have your Blu Ray and cable box hooked up to the receiver or the tv? does your TV have an optical out?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Do you have the instructions around for the Onkyo? You should try doing a factory reset. To reset the AV receiver to its factory defaults, turn it on and, while holding down VCR/DVR, press ON/STANDBY. “Clear” will appear on the display and the AV receiver will enter standby mode.

Here is a video explaining how to do a reset for the 609:

S

Schokobub

Audiophyte
The HDMI Cables from all components are to the onkyo and one HDMI cable to the TV (arc).
There is a Optical on the TV and Onkyo but i thought HDMI only are better?
I have reset the onkyo and then got RIHD on.Same result only Sound from the TV

D

DubPlate

Audioholic Intern
Hi i am trying to complete a Home Theater Setup after all Cables in Place but i don't understand the settings displayed on the Screen because all but the Sound is working.
TV Sharp Aquos Quattron 3D Flat Panel LC 60Z5
Blue Ray Panasonic DMP-80T110 3D Full HD
Amp. Onkyo TX NA 609 (maybe TX NR 609 in US)
SUB . JBL ES 150P/100
Build in the Wall Speaker (5 round Speaker) JBL
CBL/Sat . Panasonic TZ LS 300 P (maybe only for Japan)only HDMI
I connected all HDMI Cables and the Speaker Cables (no mistake with red and White )and Sub only one for LFE and in the left hole .I have all the Sound from the TV or the Blue ray through the TV speaker and all the Video and Cable Pictures but no Sound from the Receiver .RIHD is set and i can't understand the Setup settings from the onkyo but i had all the sound when i first connected all but after some new arrangements and many Remote controller Shuffelling i lost the Sound somewhere.
The Amp has good room and no overheat and all other components are looking fine too.
Hope somebody has some Idea how to help before i have to call for the onkyo servicemen which will cost 100-200 $.
Thanks for your help
Sounds like the receiver is set to pass hdmi sound to the tv rather than outputting sound. There should be setting that disables the pass through feature

E

edee_em

Enthusiast
Sounds like the receiver is set to pass hdmi sound to the tv rather than outputting sound. There should be setting that disables the pass through feature
To follow up what was said here by DubPlate. I don't have an Onkyo and Sharp combo, (I have Yamaha AVR and Samsung TV) but this happened to me and may apply to you. You have to go into the TV menu and in audio/sound settings change where the audio outputs/speaker settings. My choices were Tv Speakers and External Speaker. Selecting External speaker helped me get my sound.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The HDMI Cables from all components are to the onkyo and one HDMI cable to the TV (arc).
There is a Optical on the TV and Onkyo but i thought HDMI only are better?
I have reset the onkyo and then got RIHD on.Same result only Sound from the TV
Actually the ARC feature of HDMI has the same audio capacity (lossy codecs) as optical, it's just one less wire but often introduces funky HDMI-CEC incompatibilities between different brands implementation of same....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis