Home Theater Reboot

G

gjgonick

Audiophyte
Hi Audioholics,

I'm new here because I am rebooting my home theater surround sound. I currently have a Denon AVR-3808CI, Dynaudio Audience 52 bookshelf front speakers and Dynaudio C120+ center speaker. My rear surrounds are Monoprice 8inch three-way speakers which came with the house.

My room is about 2500 cubic feet with pitched-vaulted ceiling and three walls, open on the fourth side. Hardwood floors but furnished with an area rug and sectional.

I'm going to have to reboot in phases because of budget and to see what I really needs to be replaced. My current subwoofer is dead so I'm going to start there. From what I have researched, this is the component to really invest. Just ordered a SVS PB-12 Plus. Found a outlet special on SVS site for this subwoofer for $1,199(normally $1399). I would really appreciate your thoughts.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
SVS subs are nice. I'm sure you'll be pleased. You probably could've gotten better bang for your buck with a Reaction Audio, Hsu Research, or Power Sound Audio sub though.

For future reference, you'll be better off asking for advice before you purchase than validation after.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.

ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
I agree with rojo, however I will simplify with saying that you will be happy with the SVS. I don't have personal experience but would bet that SVS can do! :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis