Home Theater/Livingroom setup

V

vlad335

Junior Audioholic
Here is my Movie/TV/game system. Added Behringer amps two months ago and this system is sounding incredible.

Components:

Sony 50" A10
Yamaha RX-V3200 receiver
Acoustech 5.1 speaker system with H100 Sub
Motorola 8300HD cable box/DVR
Samsung HD841 DVD (Wife is going to buy me an Oppo 970 for my B-day)
Behringer A500 Poweramps (3)
Art 351 and 341 rack Eq's
Xbox 360
Old Sony HiFi VCR
Harmony 880 remote

Note the ghetto stand I built to mount the center over the TV. It doesn't stand out as much in real life as in the pic. I was in a quandry trying to figure out how to mount the center over my TV as it didn't fit on my stand and would take up room for components anyway.

Rears... I still have to hide the wires. :eek:

The last pic I threw in is my homebuilt computer setup with 22" monitor. (Forgive the mess underneath) Has an AMD FX-51 CPU and 7800GTX vidcard. Klipsch 2.1 speakers enhance gaming.

Still a work in progress. Next I am going to add a single-space amp for the rears. DVD-A's and SACD's sound great with the addition of the EQ's to reduce alittle of the honk from the horn speakers. I disable the Eq for DVD movies though.

Looking forward to comments and suggestions from members here.

D

DDigitalguy06

Audioholic
Hey,Nice speakers and subwoofer. i bet that thing kicks out alot of bass.
well done. I agree about the wire issues. for some reason wifes hate wires that show. but i'am glad your trying keep it nice. injoy your movies.;) by the way,nice gaming rig. do u play counter strike source?

V

vlad335

Junior Audioholic
Thanks for the kind words.

Mostly play Battlefield... 1942/Vietnam/and BF2. However, my clan plays Counterstrike. www.iam-clan.com I am in the battlefield division.

Actually the bass is pretty balanced. I have the sub on a Gramma Pad which eliminates any boom. I use these under my bass rig as well. ( Where I got the idea.)

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Beautiful setup. Movie night must rock at the Vlad household. ;)

I love that bass guitar - nice classy look. Your pc tower looks good, too.

What was the reason for adding the A500 amps? I was under the impression the Acoustechs were quite sensitive. Did you notice a big difference after installing them?

When I worked in Pittsburgh for Norwest/Wells Fargo, we had a branch office in Monroeville. That's not too far from Latrobe if I remember correctly. Are there any breweries left nearby?

V

Vart

Audioholic
Nice center stand! It looks nicer than my ghetto stand.

Why doesn't anybody make a decent stand for center speakers?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
vlad335 said:
Thanks for the kind words.

Mostly play Battlefield... 1942/Vietnam/and BF2. However, my clan plays Counterstrike. www.iam-clan.com I am in the battlefield division.

Actually the bass is pretty balanced. I have the sub on a Gramma Pad which eliminates any boom. I use these under my bass rig as well. ( Where I got the idea.)
Hey, I play CS in a clan too.

Nice system, but like Buck, I am also puzzled as to why you have power amps. These speakers are easy to drive.

SheepStar

F

fredejo

Junior Audioholic
nice equiptment, but those flower lamps, etc :eek: , wow another reason not to get married, haha j/k...

V

vlad335

Junior Audioholic
Buckeyefan 1 said:
Beautiful setup. Movie night must rock at the Vlad household. ;)

I love that bass guitar - nice classy look. Your pc tower looks good, too.

What was the reason for adding the A500 amps? I was under the impression the Acoustechs were quite sensitive. Did you notice a big difference after installing them?

When I worked in Pittsburgh for Norwest/Wells Fargo, we had a branch office in Monroeville. That's not too far from Latrobe if I remember correctly. Are there any breweries left nearby?
Monroeville is about 20 miles away.

Rolling Rock beer is done. Years ago they sold out to LaBlatt's and in a roundabout way RR was sold to Annheiser Busch last year. They are no longer going to brew beer in Latrobe anymore. All the employees got fired and RR is going to be made in New Jersey now.

V

vlad335

Junior Audioholic
Sheep said:
Nice system, but like Buck, I am also puzzled as to why you have power amps. These speakers are easy to drive.
I tried an experiment awhile back and hooked up a beatup amp my band uses as a backup to my front speakers. Noticed a profound difference in headroom and clarity even at moderate volumes. The bass was tighter and everything is more refined and clear.

There is no substitute for 500 watts per speaker!

V

vlad335

Junior Audioholic
fredejo said:
nice equiptment, but those flower lamps, etc :eek: , wow another reason not to get married, haha j/k...
I guess it's pretty apparent that I am married huh. :p

She was on me about moving the gun cabinet upstairs for awhile but seems to have givin up on this... Should have seen the reaction when I was hooking up the amps. :eek:

V

vlad335

Junior Audioholic
Vart said:
Nice center stand! It looks nicer than my ghetto stand.

Why doesn't anybody make a decent stand for center speakers?
NO WAY!!!... I like your stand much better. Very clean looking. I might have to redo mine along the lines of yours.

I looked into the center shelves they sell at Circuit City that sit on top of the TV (Forget the name of them) and dropped this idea when someone told me they could permanently distort the picture. :eek:

Built mine in about one hour with wood I had around here. Its pretty lame looking but very strong and does the job. I have a couple eye bolts attached to the stand, TV stand and wall so nothing is going to go anywhere.

BTW: Love the content you are displaying on your TV!

Last edited:
majorloser

majorloser

fredejo said:
Maybe so, but I see a gun rack! Not to mention the bass guitar and computer.
He's put his manly foot down and got the best toys in the room :D

Last edited:
V

vlad335

Junior Audioholic
majorloser said:
Maybe so, but I see a gun rack! Not to mention the bass guitar and computer.
He's put his manly foot down and got the best toys in the room :D
She made me remove the mechanical bull and the log splitter though. :D

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
vlad335 said:
She made me remove the mechanical bull and the log splitter though. :D
They do, after all, belong in the bedroom. ;)

V

Vart

Audioholic
vlad335 said:
NO WAY!!!... I like your stand much better. Very clean looking. I might have to redo mine along the lines of yours.

I looked into the center shelves they sell at Circuit City that sit on top of the TV (Forget the name of them) and dropped this idea when someone told me they could permanently distort the picture. :eek:

Built mine in about one hour with wood I had around here. Its pretty lame looking but very strong and does the job. I have a couple eye bolts attached to the stand, TV stand and wall so nothing is going to go anywhere.

BTW: Love the content you are displaying on your TV!
Mines not all that sturdy. One of these days I will come up with a better design. That picture of Big Ben was from last season.

Matt34

Matt34

vlad335 said:
I tried an experiment awhile back and hooked up a beatup amp my band uses as a backup to my front speakers. Noticed a profound difference in headroom and clarity even at moderate volumes. The bass was tighter and everything is more refined and clear.

There is no substitute for 500 watts per speaker!
Dang, this makes me want to pick up a couple-three A500's for my set-up.:D

-btw, nice setup!

V

Vault 35

Enthusiast
You are a blessing--stereo and firearms. Looks like you have a couple of 8mm Mausers and an AK in the traditional gun cabinet there--or are the bolt action rifles Mosin-Nagants? Oh, there is another little money-sucking hobby we retrograde males indulge in--shooting. I am happily guilty of that myself...

Totoro

Junior Audioholic
I see everyone here has a mix of black and silver components. Why is it almost impossible to get everything in one color without buying an HTIB?

evilkat

evilkat

Senior Audioholic
I like both center channel mounts in this thread! Nice looking setup Vlad and the amps look very cool! Your setup must be the envy of the neighborhood, if it's not keeping them all up at night ;)

Have you considered coloring the rear speaker cable the same color as your wall?

V

vlad335

Junior Audioholic
Vault 35 said:
You are a blessing--stereo and firearms. Looks like you have a couple of 8mm Mausers and an AK in the traditional gun cabinet there--or are the bolt action rifles Mosin-Nagants? Oh, there is another little money-sucking hobby we retrograde males indulge in--shooting. I am happily guilty of that myself...
Actually they are Mausers. A couple Turks and one WW2 German. Have a C&R FFL and was into restoring/collecting them for awhile. I paid like $60.00 for two of them.:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis