B

bobbyc

Enthusiast
I am experiencing a hollow, echo like sound when I play a DVD or use smart TV through my surround system. I have right now a Marantz SR 6003 7ChX100 watt AV receiver (which is probably obsolete) connected to my B and W speakers: 685B for right and left, and HTM61B center. My Video is the Panasonic 65ZT Plasma. The Blue Ray is the Panasonic DMPBDT330. Any advice on how to remedy this situation?

A

astr0b0y

Enthusiast
It could be that the TV volume has been turned up a little which would result in a hollow echo sound.

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
Has your system changed, or been moved recently? Are the jumpers connected on your BW speaker terminals?

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Also, what sound mode is your AVR in? Some of the choices inject an echo-like sound to mimic various size venues. Are you using something with a name like "Rock Arena" or "Jazz Club"? If so, try switching back to plain ole "Stereo" or "Dolby DTS", or something that does not allude to a type of room.

B

bobbyc

Enthusiast
Thanks! I have my TV volume turned all the way down.

B

bobbyc

Enthusiast
By jumpers do you mean the actual connectors themselves? If so, all connections to the speakers seem to be in order.

B

bobbyc

Enthusiast
I believe the receiver is set to DTS for movies but I will double check. Thanks!

B

bobbyc

Enthusiast
It was the TV volume. It was turned up about halfway. Thanks!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis