pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Well, my Samsung DLP had issues with the power outage last night. Some fool knocked out our power with his car and fried a piece of my TV. I need some help attempting to diagnose and decide whether it's worth while to fix.

The bulb still works. I can hear bearings spin. It powers on, flashes "Lamp" like it normally does during start up. Stops flashing "Lamp." Powers down after a few minutes.

I can't pick out any diagnostic codes being presented by the TV. There is never any picture displayed or sound passed through the unit. I tried using the antenna to pass sound to my receiver with no luck. Still just powers itself down.

Thanks,
-pat

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
That didn't take long. :)

I didn't see your original post - sorry to read about your DLP. I'm happy that you got a new plasma, though!

Is that guy going to have to pay for any damages?

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
We don't know yet. It's at least 7-14 days before we can get the police report and then we'd have to prove that his driving failure caused it. I'm sure we'll put in a claim and go from there. After all, the worst thing that can happen is they simply say "No."

-pat

The plasma does look nice...:D

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Definitely not worth trying to fix that old tv... I used to have that same exact model, and the dmd chip will go likely go bad in it, that tv is known for that issue. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did, but glad you got a nice new plasma.

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Definitely not worth trying to fix that old tv... I used to have that same exact model, and the dmd chip will go likely go bad in it, that tv is known for that issue. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did, but glad you got a nice new plasma.
I'm actually surprised too. It still had the original bulb, which still works.
I think there was close to 9,000 hours on the bulb.

I definitely won't complain about replacing it with a Panasonic plasma. Costco is blowing them out for $629. Very nice picture. The blacks are definitely improved.

-pat

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm sure we'll put in a claim and go from there. After all, the worst thing that can happen is they simply say "No."
Be sure to mention that your sub doesn't sound right either. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis