Hitachi P50V701 50" Plasma

K

Kazz

Enthusiast
This is so new it's not even on Hitachi's site. Five years same-as-cash at $3499 to replace the 27" Sony in the Family Room is the temptation.

I was going to wait 'til Christmas and was only going to give Plasma's a cursory look. It's the phospor vs. LCD tech debate, true black vs. gray borders, 1080p...

I can't find ANY reviews on this. Anyone have any input as to why I SHOULDN'T buy it with this deal and wait three months for some other set? 50" will be PLENTY in the family room.

Thanks.

3x10^8

3x10^8

Audioholic
First off, what is the model of Hitachi you are looking at.

Secondly, why are you dead-set on plasmas? Perhaps I'm mistaken, but that is the impression I am getting. In terms of the plasma vs. LCD debate, much will be happening within the next few months in the LCD camp with significant improvements in black levels. Also, another consideration is the fact that if you don't absolutely need a set at this point in time, prices will inevitably drop in three months' time and there may also be no-interest financing. This may ultimately trump what you are saving in terms of the 5 years same as cash on the $3500 set you are currently looking at.

As an example, just in the first month alone, the prices on the new panny 1080p sets have dropped substantially... nearly $1000 for the 50pz700u alone. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with your future purchase.

3x10^8

3x10^8

Audioholic
He placed it in his subject line
Hitachi P50V701 50" Plasma

You just move too fast :)

My bad... You're right, just got ahead of myself.

I'm studying for my Step 2 medicine boards rights now. I guess running on 3 hours of sleep per night for the past 4 weeks is finally catching up with me. Hopefully that won't happen on the exam :eek:

[edit]
By the way, that particular model can be had for a lot cheaper than $3499. J&R has it going for $2,699.99 + shipping.

K

Kazz

Enthusiast
This is a regional appliance store that competes with the big-box stores. They do an annual 5 yrs same as cash sale that's on 'til next Sunday. It's on specific goods and brands. In TVs, it's Hitachi only. The P50V701 is the latest model they carry.

J&R carrying it for 2699 is a real eye-opener, thanks.

I'm not sold on plasmas, just that plasmas are all that store has in this sale. No big deal, the $800 price difference is enough to turn me off. Hell, that would cover a lot of the cost of the sound system I decided against since the tv was $3500.

As I said, I was waiting 'til November or so until this outrageous financing was offered. I was planning on finding something suitable with a couple years same as cash.

Thanks again.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis