It will be hooked up via digital cable coming out of the computer
IMY budget is $250-$350
it will be used for 75% music 25% movies
so far I'm looking at a yamaha or a PANASONIC SA-XR70S
or a Yamaha HTR-5750
Soor for the randomness
Thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cant give this forum a lot baack in sound oriented issues
But if someone has any computer isssues..
I can help............lol
http://photobucket.com/albums/a343/lb19984/

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Those are pretty efficient speakers. So you will not need a lot of power to make them loud. And by buying a receiver that has major amount of power, would be overkill. You do have a decent budget for a good entry level receiver. I would recommend mine. I got it for 393.00 shipped. But at 125 watts x 7 channels it is more than you need. And a tad over budget.

Are there any features that are a must have for the receiver?
Do you plan on any upgrades in the future?
Is this going to be strictly hooked up to the computer, and not used with a big screen tv? Meaning will you need component upconversion. (I am assuming not)

I believe the Pioneer VSX-815 might be a decent choice. Which can be picked up for about 240.00 It has all the latest decoders. 100 watts x 7. Also has MCACC (Automatic calibration)

The MSRP is 365.00 but can be had for much cheaper new. About 240.00 here is a link straight to Pioneer for this receiver.
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4153_209695979,00.html

The Yamaha HTR-5750 is not a bad choice at all. But it only offers 6.1 and less wattage (less total wattage). However if you have no plans to upgrade then this as well may be the one for you. Considering its about the same target price as the 815

Attachments

Last edited:
B

Blundaar

Audioholic
I figure I better say something before Mr. Spiffy does. For a few dollars more, you might want to consider the Pioneer VSX-1015tx. At 120w x 7, THX certification and a really nice sound, it's probably the best bang for the buck out there. There are certainly enough threads on it!

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Blundaar said:
I figure I better say something before Mr. Spiffy does. For a few dollars more, you might want to consider the Pioneer VSX-1015tx. At 120w x 7, THX certification and a really nice sound, it's probably the best bang for the buck out there. There are certainly enough threads on it!
LOL actually I was waiting to hear what else he needed in a receiver, something like the 815 might be fine since those klipsch dont need alot of power

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Blundaar said:
Not to be a smart butt, but if you reread my post I had recommended the 1015tx. That is what I have. You must have view signatures turned off.

EDIT::: OOPS I had said 125x7, Sorry I had meant 120x7

Last edited:
L

lb19984

Audiophyte
thanks everyone

well i really wont be needing an upgrade
all i need is 5.1 When I'm gonna upgrade i dont think I'm gonna be able to keep any of this stuff anyway. In a few yearzs I'll just probably up my budjet and do things the right way (receiver. amp, pre-amp) and all new speakers
right now i havbe a 24 inch widesreen display which suits me fine
I might upgrade it to a 30" in the near future so i will not be needing the video features.
The pionner ($240) looks good so just let me know if i shoud stay with that or go with something else
Thanks
Also do they make these in silver?
cause everything in my room is silver and i would really like a silver receiver and i dont really feel like painting it any suggestions? I can strech my budjet to get The 815 (for $380)
Thanks again

Last edited:
Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
lb19984 said:
well i really wont be needing an upgrade
all i need is 5.1 When I'm gonna upgrade i dont think I'm gonna be able to keep any of this stuff anyway. In a few yearzs I'll just probably up my budjet and do things the right way (receiver. amp, pre-amp) and all new speakers
right now i havbe a 24 inch widesreen display which suits me fine
I might upgrade it to a 30" in the near future so i will not be needing the video features.
The pionner ($240) looks good so just let me know if i shoud stay with that or go with something else
Thanks
Also do they make these in silver?
cause everything in my room is silver and i would really like a silver receiver and i dont really feel like painting it any suggestions? I can strech my budjet to get The 815 (for $380)
Thanks again
The 815 should only cost around $250, as for finding the 1015tx for $390 online, Im pretty sure its backordered everywhere so it may take awhile and as far as Ive seen most of the sales are gone on it. Check the Pioneer website www.pioneerelectronics.com to see if either comes in silver, I know the 1015tx doesn't, at least here in the US

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
The 815 is like $250 shipped from J&R. You just need to call their toll free number to get the best price.

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
The 9100tx is a great receiver, its pretty much the same thing as the 1015tx minus some updates, I think someone said the 9100tx is a Pioneer Elite 52tx rebadged to sell in Best Buy.

L

lb19984

Audiophyte
oh i c
so what would be better the 1015 or the rebadged pioneer elite?

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
lb19984 said:
oh i c
so what would be better the 1015 or the rebadged pioneer elite?
It depends on what your looking for but, I'm biased, so the 1015tx b/c it has the newer THX select 2, and the biggest benefit for future expansion it has 3 component video inputs and upconverts composite and svideo. The 9100tx has the advantage of being Dual Zone capable, so its a trade off, I didnt think I'd have a need for 2 zones so I went with the 1015tx.

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Spiffyfast said:
I didnt think I'd have a need for 2 zones so I went with the 1015tx.
The 1015 is capable of 2 zone. Just one zone would be 5.1 the other would be 2.0 stereo

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
brian32672 said:
The 1015 is capable of 2 zone. Just one zone would be 5.1 the other would be 2.0 stereo
I didnt think it could play two sources at once

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Spiffyfast said:
I didnt think it could play two sources at once
No it can't do two seperate sources at the same time. But there are very, very few that can. Even the Yammi's, with nine outs most will not do 2 sources. But are capable of 2 zones. Basically for stereo/cd's to listen to them in the room and out on the patio.

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
brian32672 said:
No it can't do two seperate sources at the same time. But there are very, very few that can. Even the Yammi's, with nine outs most will not do 2 sources. But are capable of 2 zones. Basically for stereo/cd's to listen to them in the room and out on the patio.
Yeah, thats what I was going for which I thought the 9100tx was capable of dual zones/dual sources

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis