Hey Geico, Progressive STFU!

H

hopjohn

Full Audioholic
Enough Already! We've all been flooded for a decade with this garbage. An Advertising budget estimated to be as much a BILLION dollars. I would sooner run over that f-ing lizard, beat the head of the cavemen with a club and punch Flo in her caked on face before I'd ever spend a dime on a policy from these people.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Actually, I like Geico. Progressive was four times the cost of Geico. They saved me a ton of money by switching.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I hate the car insurance game. I was with All State for 20 years and always thought I had a decent rate. When I got married the wife switched us to Progressive and now both cars are the same cost that I was paying for just mine. All Sate then called me and said they could match the rate Progressive gave us, I said "so you have been screwing me for 20 years and now you can all the sudden decrease my rate...no thanks".

In a weird way, I think Flo is hot...

jinjuku

jinjuku

About every two years I shop my State Farm coverage. This has been for the past 10 years. About every two years I stay with State Farm.

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
I have USAA which no insurance company can touch, granted you or a family member has had to served in the military to get USAA, but if you do, no one has ever been able to touch them. They are an insurance company that runs in conjunction with the military.

I used to get calls all the time from insurance companies telling me they could beat my current company, and I waould say, "I have USAA" and they would go, "oh, well we can't compete with them, have a nice day"

Yeah those Flo commercials are pretty friggin stupid and I would love to see Flo get donkey punched.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Am I the only one who thinks Flo is kinda hot? ...maybe it's a Jersey thing.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Sorry, have to disagree. Even after a lot of drinks, I'd still probably leave Flo at the bar.

I've been with the same insurance company for 22 years. If any of them could lower my rate, they would have to put me on their payroll and pay me to drive.

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
I have USAA which no insurance company can touch
I found that USAA and NJ Manufacturers are pretty comparable if your record is squeaky. NJM will rip you like any other company if your record isn't up to snuff.

Any riders that qualify, Rider Insurance is the cheapest I've ever found and it's available in a few states.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
All of my insurance is through State Farm, they have done me right, and their rates seem to be the best for me.

M

Monkeypimp

Enthusiast
I hate the car insurance game. I was with All State for 20 years and always thought I had a decent rate. When I got married the wife switched us to Progressive and now both cars are the same cost that I was paying for just mine. All Sate then called me and said they could match the rate Progressive gave us, I said "so you have been screwing me for 20 years and now you can all the sudden decrease my rate...no thanks".

In a weird way, I think Flo is hot...
I did the same thing about 6 years ago.....and then my wife had a car accident and after terrible service from Progressive....they had them put parts on the car that had rust on them as well as parts that had been recalled. After a few months and getting it all fixed correctly...I went back to allstate and won't use an insurance discount company again.

R

raffin

Enthusiast
Not sure about GEICO, but stay away from Progressive. We had a Progressive customer turn our backyard into a drive through about 3 years ago. Took out about 40 feet of fencing. Had a police report and everything, but Progressive had to "investigate" the accident before they would authorize payment. We have two dogs that had to be kept cooped up until our fence was repaired so we wanted it fixed ASAP. After about a week of delays from the adjuster, I demanded a decision within 48 hours or I would file a complaint with the state insurance commission. That prompted a quick response. The response? Their customer wasn't covered at the time of the accident and we had to use our homeowners policy to fix the fence. Later we found out that he was late making his insurance payment by a day or two and they cancelled his policy. It pays to understand what kind of customer service an insurance company will provide when you need them. Googling Progressive will yield all sorts of interesting results, not many of them good.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Their customer wasn't covered at the time of the accident and we had to use our homeowners policy to fix the fence. Later we found out that he was late making his insurance payment by a day or two and they cancelled his policy.
Sadly, this is not an insurance company issue. Since the guy allowed his coverage to lapse, they were well within their rights to deny coverage at that time.

You (or, more likely, your homeowners insurance company) can sue the ex-progressive customer.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
You'd be shocked at how many people are driving without insurance and/or any real documents at all.
Phony paperwork is a lucrative underground industry.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis