Help with speaker placement.

R

rph123

Audiophyte
Hey

I am currently building a house, and I am planning on putting in home audio. I know very little about home audio/speakers, so I need some help. I would like to do all ceiling speakers, but from what I have read that's not the greatest way to go for home theater. I am thinking doing a wall speaker to the left and right of my TV and a center speaker over my TV. My TV will be above the fireplace. I know it's not the best place, but that's where it has to go. Then, I am considering putting a Right and Left ceiling mount speaker in the back of the great room. Another option I am considering is putting 3 or 4 speakers in the back of the room (5.1 vs 6.1 vs 7.1). Would this be overkill? Would I need to get a sub also? Where would it need to be located? The speakers I am considering for this are Polk Audio. Center Channel: 255C-RT, In Wall: MC85, and MC80 for ceiling mount. How does all this sound for my den? I also plan on putting a pair of speakers on my back porch either RC80i or RC60i. I would like to put 1 speaker in my kitchen and master bath also, but I'm not really sure what to go with. For my master bedroom I am considering 4 MC60, one in each corner. The reason for this is because if I ever decide to put my bed on a different wall the speakers will still be ok. Like I said earlier I'm a newbie, but how does all this look? Is my speaker selection ok? What about the 2 places with one speaker what should I use? Also, how many receivers will I need? I'm thinking 1 for great room, porch, kitchen and another for bedroom/bathroom. Sorry for the huge first post.

Thanks

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis