Help with new 5.1 set-up

J

Jimz711

Full Audioholic
If it sounds good, it can't possibly be wrong.

If you like the Polks that much sounds like it is time for an in home listen.

Look at it this way, there must be quite a few people that like Polk speakers or they would not be in business.

S

sid369

Audioholic Intern
Its getting harder to choose. I spoke to a dealer today asking for the Klipsch rf62ii and he did not have them but told me to come and listen to some paradigm monitor 7. he said that they were comparable.

I am getting the Rf62ii for $700, I don't know if I should be spending more $$ to get the paradigm not unless it gives me WOW factor.

What do you guys think about the paradigm monitors?

T

twoeyedbob

Audioholic
Never believe someone who's trying to sell you something

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

J

Jimz711

Full Audioholic
You can really start to drive yourself crazy especially if you start it's just a little more for this speaker, but then it's always just a little bit more for the next speaker and when does it end?

My suggestion would be to get something into your home that you like and see what it sounds like, if you can do two different brands even better, but at least this way you will be getting yourself a baseline. I would also suggest that you spend something close to your budget to avoid getting upgradeitis shortly after deciding.

I also agree with the previous comment in that some salespeople will constantly try to sell you the next more expensive model, although some are very honest and really try to be helpful.

S

sid369

Audioholic Intern
You can really start to drive yourself crazy especially if you start it's just a little more for this speaker, but then it's always just a little bit more for the next speaker and when does it end?

My suggestion would be to get something into your home that you like and see what it sounds like, if you can do two different brands even better, but at least this way you will be getting yourself a baseline. I would also suggest that you spend something close to your budget to avoid getting upgradeitis shortly after deciding.

I also agree with the previous comment in that some salespeople will constantly try to sell you the next more expensive model, although some are very honest and really try to be helpful.
I know that it would be nice to listen to something at home and decide, but I don't want to get into that. I live in an apartment now and will be moving to a house and don't want to hear it in the apartment and like them and then when I listen to them in the big room in the house get disappointed. So I am trying to find something that I will like it when I listen in whatever environment they are because then I know I will like them no matter where they small/medium/large room etc.

I am getting the klipsch RF62ii for $700 and the polk rtia7 for $720

I am also not sure if I should buy something cheaper like the infinity primus p363 or the polk monitor 75t which would be much less. The problem with these speakers are that they look cheap and wife will not like them for the looks.

I was interested in the emp tek 55ti but someone here I think Jim said that I may not like them based on what type of sound I like

budget, looks and sound all are important and this is becoming harder and harder.

J

Jimz711

Full Audioholic
I would ask how long until you move? If you are moving fairly soon I would suggest waiting until you move so you can audition in your new home.

J

Jimz711

Full Audioholic
It will be atleast 3
I'm assuming there is a word missing on the end. If it is 3 years I can definitely understand not waiting. Anything less like 3 months I'd try to wait since you are going to be living in this house for a long time.

S

sid369

Audioholic Intern
I'm assuming there is a word missing on the end. If it is 3 years I can definitely understand not waiting. Anything less like 3 months I'd try to wait since you are going to be living in this house for a long time.
Yes 3 months
But in between if I get a good deal during a sale or something, then I guess I should buy the speakers and not wait.

J

Jimz711

Full Audioholic
Take your time and enjoy the looking, it's actually fun after a bit, plus it gives you time to really look around, plus you had the question if you should save and get something that will last, and that is always my first choice, especially since in the not too distant future you are going to be rather busy with packing, moving, unpacking etc.

You are also right in that you could get lucky and find a really great deal while you are waiting.

J

jm78

Junior Audioholic
At the store, polks, klipsch, jbl sounded pretty bright to me, especially klipsch. Sounds like what you are looking for.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis