Help with my Denon 2803 (983)

C

corytrib

Enthusiast
I just recently bought a Denon 983 Receiver and tried hooking it up. I am an extreme novice when it comes with home theater. My problem is this:
I have a Denon 2200 hooked up to the receiver and a Panasonic 42" Plasmsa hooked up as well. I can't get the On Screen Display to appear on the t.v. So, I can't even to begin to tweak the receiver and speakers. I have component hooked up to the monitor out of the receiver and it's hooked to the component inputs on the t.v.. I tried to hit the system setup button on the remote but nothing happens. I then thought it might be on the wrong input on the t.v. but I tried all three. The Denon 983 is not user friendly in my advice. Can somebody please help me?

A

av_phile

Senior Audioholic
The on-screen display menu does not work with component video connection in many receivers. Try the S-video connection. That's why some HT afficionados I know hook up a small LCD monitor to the receiver's s-video out connection for this purpose only. Or you could use the receiver's s-video out to the s-video terminal on the monitor's other video option, say video 2, and leave the component connection on video 1 intact. Then when wanting to use the OSD, just select video 2 on the plasma monitor.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
I use the Picture in Picture for my setup. I have the 2803 as well and you have to use the Svideo to the tv for the onscreen setup.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis