D

dpjones

Audioholic Intern
I'm having problems with my Direct TV HD Tivo. I bought one and was using the HDMI connection for a little over a week. On Sunday I turned it on and the picture was messed up. The colors were bad, it looked blocky, etc. I tried my component connection and all was well. I then tried a different HDMI cable and the problem was still there. If I wiggle the end of the cable where it plugs into the Tivo I can sometimes get it to clear up. I took the Tivo to my local Ultimate Electronics store and they plugged it in there and they saw the problem too (their TV, their cables, etc). They sent me home with a new Tivo and I am having the same problem, only it is that way out of the box instead of waiting a week to surface. Has anyone experienced this or something similar? My salesman is checking with Direct TV and some other sources to try and get some answers. He said most of the people that have bought this unit are using the component cables so their unit could be bad and they don't know it.

Thanks for any information/advice on this one!

D

dpjones

Audioholic Intern
scsiraid,

Thanks for the reply! I should have figured there would be a forum for the Tivo, there is one for everything these days. :)

It appears the problem I'm having is widespread, but Direct TV isn't owning up to it to everyone. They always want to send a technician out or send a new box. I finally got someone to admit they know about the problem, but they have no idea when it will be fixed. I did manage to get a $60 credit on bill out of them. I'm going to demand some sort of credit each month until they get this worked out.

Thanks again!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis