HELP -- Using Active Studio Monitors as HT/Music Mains with AVR!

R

razzy

Junior Audioholic
so i need some help hooking up my M-Audio DSM2 Studio Monitors (Active) to my yamaha rx-a3000 AVR to fill the role as my mains until they sell/I get my new speakers.

anyone who knows how to get this thing plugged in properly?

here's a pic of the rear panel of the monitors

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Looks like you would need an RCA to XLR adaptor and just run out of your RCA pre amp outs on the Yamaha receiver to the analog inputs of the speakers.

R

razzy

Junior Audioholic
Looks like you would need an RCA to XLR adaptor and just run out of your RCA pre amp outs on the Yamaha receiver to the analog inputs of the speakers.
wouldn't it be better to use the digital signal?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
To do that use standard RCA interconnect cables plus 2 RCA female – XLR Male adapters:

Dayton Audio XMRF XLR Male to RCA Female Adapter 240-438

Amazon.com: Hosa GXM-133 RCA Female to XLR Male Adaptor: Electronics

wouldn't it be better to use the digital signal?
I don't think you can get separate left and right channel digital signals from the Yamaha. Maybe those speakers can be told which audio channel to play from a digital signal.

R

razzy

Junior Audioholic
looks like you would need an rca to xlr adaptor and just run out of your rca pre amp outs on the yamaha receiver to the analog inputs of the speakers.
to do that use standard rca interconnect cables plus 2 rca female – xlr male adapters:

dayton audio xmrf xlr male to rca female adapter 240-438

amazon.com: Hosa gxm-133 rca female to xlr male adaptor: Electronics

i don't think you can get separate left and right channel digital signals from the yamaha. Maybe those speakers can be told which audio channel to play from a digital signal.
thank you all :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
You could also get RCA to 1/4" TRS for around $4 from parts express

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis