Help to identify this Klipsch speaker!

Z

Zaytron

Audiophyte
hi there,

I saw the attached picture in a review from amazon, and like the floor-standing speaker, but can't find them online. Can someone know the model number? Thank you!

Attachments

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
Those are actually center channel speakers that are standing on-end. RP series.

Z

Zaytron

Audiophyte
I was thinking the same, the brand name was oriented as a vertical speaker, maybe he removed the Klipsch logo and placed the way it is. The mayority of the floor-standing have the tweeter on the top following by multiple small woofers, but this one have the tweeter on the center, like their center channel. I like that configuration because its size, wondering if placing a center channel as front-speaker like he did will work well?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Those are actually center channel speakers that are standing on-end. RP series.
Except the speaker brand name is properly labeled on that floor standing speaker in the picture.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I would be horrified if the speaker brand name was so easily removable to relocate it but possible.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

hi there,

I saw the attached picture in a review from amazon, and like the floor-standing speaker, but can't find them online. Can someone know the model number? Thank you!
Do you have a link to that picture in the review?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
If I were to use a pair of center channels vertically I would absolutely find a way to turn the logos. I'm far from a Klipsch expert, but the only speakers I've seen by them in that configuration are center channels.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Those are the Klipsch RP centers. Since the horn on that series is bisymmetrical, you can have it in that sort of orientation without too much of a mess, in theory. Its dispersion in that orientation should actually be considerably better than its intended horizontal use. Its MMTMM design might also be better at smoothing out the bass response from the floor bounce effect. The only thing is you generally want the tweeter to be at ear level, and using those speakers like that puts that tweeter a bit low, but it might not be that bad.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Those are the Klipsch RP centers. Since the horn on that series is bisymmetrical, you can have it in that sort of orientation without too much of a mess, in theory. Its dispersion in that orientation should actually be considerably better than its intended horizontal use. Its MMTMM design might also be better at smoothing out the bass response from the floor bounce effect. The only thing is you generally want the tweeter to be at ear level, and using those speakers like that puts that tweeter a bit low, but it might not be that bad.
I've found that positioning the center above the display (provided it isn't absurdly high) works better than that close to the floor. As you stated ear level is best. I've grown quite fond of 4.0 without a center in my office for this reason. I do plan on getting a center, but will have to figure out how to compromise on positioning as little as possible.

That said, that is a beast of a center. Good of Klipsch to make the horn the way they did so the vertical placement doesn't screw things up too much.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I've found that positioning the center above the display (provided it isn't absurdly high) works better than that close to the floor. As you stated ear level is best. I've grown quite fond of 4.0 without a center in my office for this reason. I do plan on getting a center, but will have to figure out how to compromise on positioning as little as possible.

That said, that is a beast of a center. Good of Klipsch to make the horn the way they did so the vertical placement doesn't screw things up too much.
If you only have one listening position, and your front left/right can do good center imaging in stereo, than there might not be any real benefit to getting a center speaker in that situation.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis