Help...Receiver acting up

T

Titanite

Enthusiast
Hello,
I have a yamaha receiver (I'll add model number shortly) that when you turn it on everything lights up but I have no sound.I have to turn it off and then back on a second time, then it works perfectly. Anyone have this happen? Is it fixable? Its not a new receiver, its in my garage, just more of a pain in the butt.
Thank you in advance
T

A

allargon

Audioholic General
Hello,
I have a yamaha receiver (I'll add model number shortly) that when you turn it on everything lights up but I have no sound.I have to turn it off and then back on a second time, then it works perfectly. Anyone have this happen? Is it fixable? Its not a new receiver, its in my garage, just more of a pain in the butt.
Thank you in advance
T
I'm having a similar problem with my not so cheap A720. FYI, it will get worse to the point where it will only work perfectly for 30 seconds or so before repeating the drop-outs. The latest firmware update didn't help. It's likely a hardware issue as the other person said.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello,
Thank you in advance
T
It does this during all seasons and in all kinds of weather? Do you heat the garage during Winter and do you use the garage during that season?

If you use propane heat and the garage has assumed the ambient temperature, the moisture released by the propane will condense on any surface the air passes and water & electronics are not a good match. Well, unless you want problems.

Disconnect the speakers and see if it still does this- if it stops, check the speakers and wires and if it continues, take it inside, look for evidence of collected dust and moisture, clean it with a cheap paint brush (no water) and try it again. If you have a blow dryer for hair, use that on a medium heat setting to evaporate any water you can't reach.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis