C

cptmorgemaker

Enthusiast
Hi I'm new to this forum posting but have been searching and reading on it for the last month. I have been looking for a new sub woofer for my home theater and my price is around 500 - 600 to spend. With that being said I wish the budget was a bit higher but oh well but I tend to want a lot more bass then average people. As I will majority of the time be using for gaming and music not so much or at all even for movies. My wife listens to a lot of dubstep, Techno so would like something to really hit and fill the room alot. I see alot on SVS subs i think it was but didn't know if that would be loud enough and I saw the supercube with a nice big 650 rms amp but saw alot of bad talk on it so don't know.

Thanks for any input it will be greatly appreciated

C

cptmorgemaker

Enthusiast
I do like that sub but also saw in another fourm a sub and looked at it between the outlaw and vtf3.4 what would be the better. i have no worry about how big the box is.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The VTF3 would be better, but it is $250 more after shipping. The VTF2 is also on the level of the Plus though, and it has an adjustable Q which can give you a tighter or looser sound.

C

cptmorgemaker

Enthusiast
how about the Power Sound Audio XV15b or xs15 or the outlaw the outlaw is 499 where the other 2 are around 700. Is there that much of a difference I see more rms on the 15

Budabear

Budabear

Junior Audioholic
I personally use Klipsch and a vintage velodyne. I have many Klipsch speakers and I give them my highest recommendation. My Klipsch sub is the RW-12D.

C

cptmorgemaker

Enthusiast
Klipsch is the rest of the home theater system as I got the front for christmas from family so I figured better stick with the others but as for the sub I heard good and bad I think I want more then the Klipsch sub can handle. I love bass and lots of it. I do love the fact of Klipsch from Indiana as well cause thats where I am

Budabear

Budabear

Junior Audioholic
I would suggest taking a listen before dismissing them. Don't really think you can get more base. Lol Klipsch is clean tight base as low as you want it to be. I'm on my second sub now, upgraded my original. I also have a Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 system on my computer and the Klipsch iFi for my ipod system. I won't change either of them because you can't get better. Well, maybe if you spent 4x the $$$.

C

cptmorgemaker

Enthusiast
Just ordered the XV-15 from PSA. Thanks to shadyJ for all the help and info you provided me the past few days via PM. Now I just have to play the waiting game :(

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis