Help Newbie needs advice for in-ceiling HT speakers placement

Q

qvilorio

Audiophyte
Hi Y'all,

I have a decent size living room that I would like to have a disguised Home Theater in. I'm planning to install an automated projector lift, and motorized screen. The room light is controllable since I have shutters, the room is 38 feet x 15 feet and there is no dry wall, only sheet rock ceiling, therefor I'm obligated to use in-ceiling speakers all the way, the room is rectangular and I was planing to put the screen at the end of the left 15 feet wall, but have my doubts for the speakers and receiver. And my questions are:

1. For the size of the room, what will be a suitable wattage for the receiver?
2. 5.1 or 7.1?
3. Should I use angled in ceilings for LRC?
4. How do you recommend speaker placement, distances apart from the screen? LCR distance apart (15 feet wall)
5. Do you think i could put a 106' screen?
6.How can I post the room's blueprint?

Thanking you in advance,

qvilorio

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
Build a false front wall with cutouts for the front three channels with acoustically transparent covers and house your electronics in there also. Make sure to get an acoustically transparent screen also. Then you can use in ceiling for the surrounds. That leaves you with only to decide where to place the subs in room.

Q

qvilorio

Audiophyte
Thank you, but I tried, there is a glass window at the rear. How do you feel angled in-ceiling 2-way vs in-ceiling 3-way speakers?

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
Thank you, but I tried, there is a glass window at the rear. How do you feel angled in-ceiling 2-way vs in-ceiling 3-way speakers?
I'm not sure how that would stop you from building a false wall? Frame out 3 or 4 feet from the "glass". Add an accesses door and run your electrical down a side wall. If your. U living a dedicated room, do it right. Cost for doing the above isn't as expensive as you might think. For the price of high end in ceiling fronts vs quality, I'd look into it

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis