Help me with my first build! DIY Dual-Opposed Infinty 1262W

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
i have an infinity 1260w and while it is a bit different from the 1262w, i will say that it is a great driver for the money. i have mine in a 1.25 cu ft ported enclosure and this thing is truly nuts. i was originally going to build an enclosure for it but it was going to be really large and i got a good deal on my enclosure for it. just one driver in a somewhat small ported enclosure getting only 100-150 watts is truly powerful, having 2 in a large enough enclosure with 1000 watts.... oh my....
i can assure you, these subs won't disappoint you

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
i have an infinity 1260w and while it is a bit different from the 1262w, i will say that it is a great driver for the money. i have mine in a 1.25 cu ft ported enclosure and this thing is truly nuts. i was originally going to build an enclosure for it but it was going to be really large and i got a good deal on my enclosure for it. just one driver in a somewhat small ported enclosure getting only 100-150 watts is truly powerful, having 2 in a large enough enclosure with 1000 watts.... oh my....
i can assure you, these subs won't disappoint you
Sounds like you did the same thing as me. Only 100w, big smile on my face. :D I did go sealed however.

C

collegeaudio

Audioholic
I am having one hell of a time finding anything better than 5 ply birch. One lumber yard. An hour away had 7 ply. Will 5 be enough? This is 3/4, internally braced.

Does MDF suck as much as people make it out to?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I used MDF without issue. Birch is lighter, and us supposedly easier to work with (haven't used it myself). Most pro audio speakers (at least the ones I sold) are made of birch. With it being 3/4" you should be good. I used that thickness of MDF and did a dual layer for the front baffle. I plan to add another layer all around just to make it extra sturdy, along with more internal bracing.

Those that have used birch can comment further if I've gotten anything wrong. Wouldn't want to steer you in the wrong direction.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis