Help me connect my antenna.

F

f'n wasted

Audiophyte
Hey, i just got a surround system and i can get everything to come through it except for my regular tv. It comes through and antenna with co-ax cables, not digital co-ax. Are there only certain systems that allow me to do this? Can i buy a converter thing that takes the regular co-ax and makes it digital? Thanks

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
I am not sure I understand the problem. Hook the cable to the tv. Oh, and you might want to lay off the weed!

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
f'n wasted said:
Hey, i just got a surround system and i can get everything to come through it except for my regular tv. It comes through and antenna with co-ax cables, not digital co-ax. Are there only certain systems that allow me to do this? Can i buy a converter thing that takes the regular co-ax and makes it digital? Thanks
sounds like your surround system was intended to match up to a HD-type TV, which uses the digital co-ax.

If by co-ax, you mean the normal RCA-type cables, you can simply plug those into any unused non-digital input on your surround system (even Tape 1 or Tape 2 if you don't have an auxiliary input, just be sure to connect to the Line IN on the receiver and you have to remember which Input to set the reciver to). :)

If by coax, you mean coaxial antenna-type cable (like normal Cable TV comes in on), you probably need to look at the back of the TV and see if it has some Audio Out connections that use an RCA jack. Most receivers that do have a coaxial input only process the video. They don't actually split out the sound, so you'll have to hijack the sound from the back of the TV to send it to the receiver. :(

D

DSMCasey

Junior Audioholic
zumbo said:
I am not sure I understand the problem. Hook the cable to the tv. Oh, and you might want to lay off the weed!
LOL!!

-Casey

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis